Chapter Four

Tonight Nia was going home from the hospital. She walked home and I rolled my eyes as I watched, shaking my head.

"What did I tell you about walking home at night?"

I saw her jump a little, but she calmed as she looked at me. "You scared me." She says with a smile, putting a hand up to her chest. I chuckled as I jumped onto the ground and crossed my arms.

"Okay, okay. You know I have to go through this place to get home."

"Not when you have me
as a bestfriend." I smile, even though she couldn't see it. Taking her healed waist, we grappled off of the ground and into the direction of her apartment. Her hands clutched my brown jacket as she smiled widely again, like any other time I would take her grappling.

She took a big breath when we landed on her apartment's roof. "I wont ever get tired of that." She giggled, brushing her wavy hair out of her face. I lifted my helmet and nodded, "Trust me, you'd get used to it after a while."

She chuckled as she took the helmet from under my arm and walked to the rooftop door. "Hungry?" She asks, smirking over her shoulder. I raised an eyebrow and she laughed, "It's okay, I won't bite," Opening the roof door and starting to walk down the steps into the apartment, she continued, "Plus, you've gotta get your helmet back."

I began to follow her and when I caught up, I countered, "I didn't really have to. I have like a million of those." She smiled and gave a small shrug of her shoulders as we walked down the hall to her apartment door. "You still came, didnt you?" She says, looking from the red mask in her hands to me. I smirked as she unlocked one of the doors and we walked into her apartment. It was actually pretty nice, well at least for one person. "Welcome to my humble home." She grins, putting the mask on the table, "What are you hungry for?"

"Doesn't matter. As long as you can cook, I'm good." I smile, sitting on the couch across from the kitchen and watching her from there. "The remote's right there if you wanna watch TV instead of watching me."

"I wouldnt mind watching you," I reply, leaning over to reach for the remote on the coffee table, "I mean I do it all the time." My eyes widened as I noticed the words that just came out my mouth. "I mean--I mean I didn't mean--I-Im not a stalker!"

She laughed, shaking her head while she took out ingredients. "Aw, it's cute when you trip over your words like that. I didn't know a badass could stutter. And I know your just doing your job. Plus," I couldnt help but smirk as she continued, "I wouldn't mind you stalking me." Her eyes looked over to me, her smile still planted on her face. "Lasagna?"

I nodded, leaning back on the couch, enjoying how laid back she was, "My favorite."