THREE: "Dont go back for him."

Start from the beginning

Vineya, who had controlled herself and put her hand down, felt a pair of eyes on hers, she instinctively turned to Neteyem. Both of them made eye contact.

It felt like centuries before they averted their eyes somewhere else, when really it was only 3 seconds.

"Kirri your breathing is good, Neteyem you need a little work." Tsireya examined "Vineya help Neteyem." She smiled, she must've seen all of those glances that they would send eachother.

Vineya stared at her, her eyebrows furrowed. Yet she still turned to him. "You're not using your stomach. you must dig deeper." she explained pointing to his stomach.

Neteyem took a deep breath, apparently very incorrect, because Vineya took her hand to his. She moved his hand to the pit of his stomach.

Neteyem gazed at her hand touching his. "You must feel the breath in your stomach, use that strength." Neteyem took a deeper breath, trying to take it from his stomach. And it worked, he felt the air and pressure in his stomach go threw his lungs, and he exhaled. He did this a few times.

"good Neteyem." Vineya took her hand off his, Neteyem realized this was the first time she said his name to him. He also missed the warmth and feeling of her hand. He wished that she could've held it longer.

____________________

Vineya finally had some time to herself, as she swam on her Ilu, mei, to the cove of ancestors. Where their spirit tree was.

It was dark and the spirit tree was glowing, and it was waving with the water. Vineya approached the tree, took her braid, and made the connection.

Vineya felt a pulsation, as her pupils got bigger and she felt herself slip into colors. Before she knew it she was on a beach, that was really familiar. She'd always used to go to this side of the island with her mother, it was just behind a group of trees.

Since it was so secluded from the rest of the island, no one ever really went here. Vineya hadn't really thought about it in a while, she missed it.

It was night, the moon shown on the water. and what was so special about this beach? The water would sparkle and glow once it reached shore. it was beautiful.

Vineya watched the water with such intent. When she realized that her mother, was sitting right next to her.

"mom." she cried, hugging her torso. "hello dear one." her mother stroked her head. "I kept coming here, but since last week you never showed." Vineya whispered.

But her mother did not say anything, she just continued to stroke her head. "how are you doing." she asked, taking Vineyas face in her hands.

"i am fine." She hugged her mother again. "i saw, you met a boy?" Her mother asked her, smiling slightly.

"what?" Confusion spread on her face, even though when her mother said that Neteyems face and golden eyes showed up in her head. "you know who i mean." She laughed.

"mother no, it's not like that. I don't even know him." Vineya explained, but her mother still kept the same slight smile. "I can see Vineya. I know." But when she said this, Vineya noticed her face contorted, her mouth dropped, and she averted her eyes ahead. She looked as if she remembered a bad memory.

"mother what is wrong." Vineya stood up. "it's nothing my dear one." Her mother seemed to have snapped out of her trance. "I love you, and i need to say something." she said hurriedly.

"don't go back for him."

Vineyas vision blurred, she could see more mix of colors as she felt herself slip back into reality. "mother!" she yelled. Vineya was confused and devastated, she did not have enough time with her mother.

She cursed eywa for dragging her out, she did not get it. She missed her mother, so much. Yet she was still confused at her mothers words who was him? and why would i go back for him? she thought to herself.

could it be Neteyem? what does this mean she climbed back on her Ilu as she contemplated.

_______________

Vineya walked to her Mauri, tired and worried. she felt overwhelmed by what happened at the spirit tree. When she walked in, she was met with Tsireyas eyes. "where were you?" she asked worriedly, no one really knew that she had been going to see her mother for these past years, ever since she died.

She didn't think it was a big deal or that it was bad, she just never told anyone. "on a walk." Vineya said, "oh, alright" Tsireya knew she was lying but decided not to say anything.

"well, how is loak? did he confess yet." Vineya interrupted, trying to lighten the mood. Tsireya smiled, "what? i don't know what you mean." a light flush fronted her cheeks.

"i saw how he was looking at you, he always does." Vineya winked. "mhm and what about neteyem?" Tsireya smirked. "um what about him?" Vineya couldnt help but smile.

"come on, he's not as dumb as he pretends to be. He just wants an excuse to talk to you." She said playfully. "not true."

"yes it is, he even asked what your favorite shell was. no boy nor girl has every asked you that." Tsireya got up, crossing her arms.

"yea we'll, he's an interesting person." Vineya did not mean in that way but she could see Tsireya smile "mhm" Tsireya hit her shoulder.

"goodnight cousin." Vineya took Tsireya, who was protesting, by the shoulders and led her out of her Marui. As she closed the curtain she thought to herself. She would go back to that beach tomorrow night, she needed some peace.

꧁——————————————-꧂

So what did u guys think that meant 🌝
ngl i'm so excited to progress this story, i have really good confidence in this.
also you're going to see a lot more of neteyem and Vineya in the next chapters, leading on
(i literally just realized their names kinda rhyme.)

also i'm kinda just making stuff up as i go so some things are gonna be a bit messy.

i'm going to be adding some questions at the end of every chapter now!!

Q: Omatikaya clan or Metkayina?
personally Metkayina even though i can't choose.

bye!
-nia 🪷