Chapter 11 - Idea

Começar do início

Who am I kidding? She needs to come back so my daughters are well fed and nurtured. They stick to her like glue.

I look at the clock and notice it's been roughly 45 minutes since our fight had ended.

She has been gone for nearly an hour. How immature.

I walk to each of my daughters, kissing their heads lightly before exiting my chambers, looking for this stubborn, childish maid.

Why did I trust her? Mother Miranda warned me of her. And I thought I knew better.

I wanted to prove her wrong and now I'm in a more sticky position than I was to begin with.

Eventually, time had been moving faster than I had expected once I realized that I've been looking for my maid for about half an hour later
Where could she be!? I've checked nearly the entirety of this castle! This was a specialty of my daughters, finding loose prey.

I sigh hard as I put on my hat. She couldn't be outside, could she?

The only other place she knows is-

...Mother Miranda.

Would she really?

I rush out of the castle now, irate and even more irate that fear is fueling my body.

What would she tell her? Would Mother Miranda kill her? Would she tell Mother Miranda that I had grown fond and distracted by my daughters?

Surely not.
No, of course not.

This? Over me protecting her? This will surely gain her a day in the dungeons.

She is simply neglecting my daughters now. She knows that my daughters need her to-

My thoughts halt as I see a hand on the ground, covered in snow.

Great. More dead peasants. I'm sure Mother Miranda would want to experiment on this one.

Besides. If my maid really did run off to her? I'm sure I can offer this vessel as a peace offering.

I grimace, putting on my glove more tightly as I hesitate...but Eventually grab the hand, pulling the body from its snow mound and leading the way to Mother Miranda's

Now. If I find her with Mother Miranda, it will be the last thing she ever does.

I stop walking as I throw the body over my shoulder, hearing a breath escape the body, followed by shallow breathing.

Poor creature. Still alive.

I could use her as a maid? I did just lose one and depending on my maids behavior? I could lose another.

Gripping the body, I pull her from my shoulder to see how bad the damage is.

My blood freezes like the cold chill when I see a recognizable face.

My maid.

"What...?" I mutter softly before quickly rushing back.

She is covered in blood! What happened!? I will tear whomever I must! Who dared to touch my property!?

I cradle her in my arms as she shakily breathes, freezing cold.

"You will be okay. I will be sure of it." I told her, yet, I doubt she could hear me.

"Dammit! You are okay! Do you hear me!? I will not! Have you disobey!" I yell a bit loudly, it echoing off the gate walls.

I growl and before I open the door, I feel her hand touch mine.

Her hand is red, shaky, freezing and cracked.

What happened to her..?

I'll kill them. I will torture and murder whoever laid their disgusting hands on her.

Once inside, I do everything in my power to warm her up, starting with a cold bath as I know her body must adjust to the temperature change.

I manage to wake her from her daze slightly as I get into the bath with her.

She talked.

Oh, Thank God, she talked.

"That feels good..." She mutters softly, making my worries leave the window now.

I must not relax quite yet. She's lost so much blood. Surely the only reason she is alive is from the modifications.

I shiver a bit, the water being freezing cold for my body as I look down at my maid.

I got my dress all ruined for her. And I don't regret a single bit of it.

I slide further into the bath water, having my maid lay against me and my shoulder as I hold her dearly.

Am I crying? Why would I be crying?

You know why, Alcina. It's time to stop pretending you don't.

Suddenly, my thoughts are interrupted when I feel a pain on my shoulder, it gaining my attention as I see my maid...had Sunk her teeth into my skin, breaking it.

I watch as my blood pools around her mouth, some dripping onto my dress.

She is drinking my blood?

I watch in amazement as her freezing pale skin warms, showing signs of life in her.

She can feed off me as long as she possibly wants.

Besides. Something about her feeding off my blood? Well. I just quite like the idea of that.