"Wow, you really have this all figured out." Sean smiled. He loved that his girlfriend was unknowingly sharp-witted, especially in the area of her workplace. It made him adore the woman he could call his even more.

"I have to. Otherwise, I'd drown in wine and snobby 20-something-year-old men who have every interest in my cleavage and legs." Kaycee sighed, the thought already exhausting her. Sean grimaced at the thought of men throwing themselves at Kaycee, not that he could say he was much different but he could imagine that it scared her.

"Before, Clara and Kylie would save me from them and vice versa. But that's all over because now I have you here with me!" She beamed, excitedly shaking him, causing Sean to laugh.

"Here you go. Enjoy your evenings." The bartender said as she placed the glass of champagne and water on the counter. Kaycee smiled in thanks, sliding her two crisp ten-dollar bills. The woman's face lit up instantly, sending Kaycee a thankful smile as she got up from the stool.

"Alright, to my parents we go." She sighed after sipping her champagne. Sean happily stood beside her, allowing her to hook her arm with his. They worked their way to the group of middle-aged men in the company of Kaycee's mom.

She held back her urge to grimace as one of the men looked at her mom hungrily, unnoticeable to her father. "Pardon the interruption, I just wanted to grant my greetings before you guys get occupied with everything," Kaycee exclaimed with an apologetic smile. Her parents ignored their guests, instantly directing their attention to their daughter and the man that stood about two feet behind her.

"Chef Lew! I'm so glad you came. I hope Kaycee doesn't lug you around everywhere all night." Laura joked with the younger man, giving him a gentle hug. Sean smiled in return, glancing at his girlfriend before averting his gaze to her mother's eyes.

"Ah, it's alright. Whatever meets her interests is my desire as well." He responded with a shrug.

"Chef?! Where is it that you work?" An older man asked Sean. It'd been the same man that Kaycee and he saw looking Laura up and down like she was a glass of water in a desert. He replied kindly, yet silently hoped Kaycee would be done with her conversation with her dad soon enough. Sean was never one to have social anxiety, but being in this new atmosphere of businessmen made him a little frazzled.

"I've been there a few times, actually. The food is quite mediocre in my opinion, but-"

"It happens to be some of the best food I've ever had, sir. I'm sure my husband also agrees." Laura defended, putting a hand on Sean's arm. "Matter of fact, Sean's skills are some of the best I've ever seen. He's precise and makes the service impeccable-"

"Still quite overpriced." He shrugged, smacking his lips as he gave her a bored look.

Sean wanted to say, 'I'll be sure to let my staff know that some elderly man on the verge of cardiac arrest didn't like our restaurant. We will happily serve you again.' But he knew he couldn't embarrass the Rice family like that, especially not Laura who just defended him.

"I'm truly sorry about that. Maybe next time you can pick a restaurant that's meant for.. less acquired incomes, hm?" Sean suggested with a small smile. The older man's face was struck with offense, taken aback by Sean's statement while Laura attempted to hold in her laughter.

"You'll have to excuse us, Chairman." Kaycee's mother said kindly, still breathing through her potential fit of laughter. She hooked her arm with Sean's and brought him along to where Kaycee and her husband were laughing with each other.

"Good to see you, Sean. I hope that chairman didn't pester you too much." He smiled, holding out his hand for Sean to shake. He returned the handshake, glancing at Laura who was now laughing silently into Kaycee's shoulder.