🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕

Start from the beginning

"Alright! Shut your faces and listen up, you scum." Weasel states, when the fanfare ends. "Hey! That's the guy that attacked us." Hook Foot tells them, with a glare. Varian clenches his fists, as he and the rest of them all share furious glares.

"The Baron has something he'd like to say." Weasel states. "'The Baron' Baron?" Rapunzel asks. "I remember Y/n telling me about him. How Eugene spent most of his life running from the Baron.." Varian recalls. Cassandra shrugs.

"People of Vardaros, I bring you cause for celebration. A glint of joy into your otherwise meaningless and pitiful lives. My people will be collecting gifts for the occasion. From each of you." The Baron tells everybody, standing on a stage in front of Weasel and other thugs.

Behind the stage's curtain, Y/n frowns at a suffering Lance. He looks dreadfully ill. His body is pale, there are green spots on his face, his eyes have bags and his breathing sounds really hoarse.

"How is he?" Eugene asks. Y/n glances up at Eugene, teary eyed. "I'm scared.. he's getting worse." She whispers, shakily. Eugene frowns, glancing softly at his buddy. "Hang in there, buddy. We're gonna get you outta this." He assures him, gently putting a hand on him, comfortingly.

Y/n's hair could probably do the trick, but her brother-figure's ex had a lovely chat with her about that. If she, or any other thugs, see the youngest princess attempting to heal Lance with her golden hair streak, they'll immediately kill her.

"Wow! You should see all the people out there!" Stalyan says, peeking through the curtain. "Stalyan, come on. This is stupid." Eugene says softly, standing up. "I know it is. I told my dad the spider wasn't necessary, but you know bad guys. They have such a flair for drama." Stalyan points out. Y/n can't help, but nod in agreement.

Eugene glares at her, through gritted teeth.
"That's not what I meant!" He snaps.
"I know what you meant." Stalyan replies.

"Stalyan, I can't do this. I'm in love with someone else." Eugene says. "Yeah, I know. We've all heard the story by now. How the daring, ne'er do well thief rescued the lost princess from her tower. Let me ask you. Do you really think it's fair to ask a girl who spent the first eighteen years of her life in prison to give up her freedom for a lifelong relationship with.. someone like you?" She asks.

Eugene frowns sadly, glancing over at Y/n and Lance, as his sister-figure gently puts a cold damp cloth on his buddy's burning forehead, whispering words of comfort through her worried expression.

"I am pleased to announce the re-engagement of my daughter, Stalyan." The Baron tells the audience, as Stalyan emerges from the curtains and stands beside her Father.

"Wait. The Baron's daughter?" Rapunzel asks.
"Oh! What a daughter!" Hook Foot comments.
"And her fiancé Flynn Rider." The Baron adds.
"Huh?" Rapunzel asks, hoping this is a mistake.
It isn't - Eugene guiltily emerges from the curtains.

"Eugene!" Rapunzel calls, approaching the stage. His eyes widen at the sight of her. "Rapunzel." He replies. "Eugene, I don't understand. What's going on? And where's Y/n?" Rapunzel asks. "Don't worry about her, she's alright." Eugene assures her.

The Baron begins to approach Rapunzel, but Stalyan puts a hand on his chest. Then she approaches Eugene, with a smug smile. "He's with us now." She states, with a hand on his shoulder.

"This is some kind of joke, right?" Rapunzel asks, hopefully. Eugene hesitates, as a guard whistles over to him. Pulling back the curtains, the guard makes Eugene see who only he sees. Lance, ill as can be, beside Y/n who stares in shock.

"I, uh I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Rapunzel, but I've made my choice." Eugene hesitantly says, then turns and walks away with Stalyan. "Eugene? Eugene!" Rapunzel calls, as he walks away with Stalyan and the Baron. "Eugene.." She whispers shakily, buried in Cassandra's arms with teary eyes.