Let's play: Operation

Start from the beginning

Our eyes meet, " it's okay, go."

She shakes her head, " What about–"

I cut her off, " Don't worry about me. Just get out of here. Make sure the others are okay."

Still looking uncertain, she backs into the portal, saying in ghost speak, " Be strong, Your Highness, help is on the way," before being enveloped in green.

Jack tries to pick me up, but I flop around in his arms, trying to get away. " Oh, stop it," Maddie says, trying to be threatening, but I don't listen. She rushes off to the side and comes back with a giant mallet, and the next thing I know, I see stars. They drag me over to the examination table and strap me down. The restraints are tight. I try to wiggle out of them, causing me to get another hit to the head, and the world fades to black.

When I come to the echo of blades, mar my skin.
They ache, a flaying sensation clinging to my bones. Exasperated by the burning chill of the examination table, I'm left feeling breathless. Forcing me to focus on my spewing chest. Watching it rise and fall in anticipation. Waiting for what could be my final breath to come and go.

For the pain to stop.

I look down at my body, over the restraints, and find myself naked. They added another restraint to keep my chest down, and just below it is a Y- incision cutting through several layers of skin and ectoplasm. They start peeling back my skin and pinning it down with clamps. Finally, they put some kind of machine in between the initial incision. Jack's hands move toward the device and start cranking it. 

The pain comes immediately.

It is as if my chest is torn into two. Ligaments and tendons popping out of place with each crank, ripping me apart. Until they create a cavity big enough for both of their hands to fit through.

Their touch feels wrong.

Like a tickling sensation that's gone on for too long, it becomes painful until they start to pull. Yanking on parts that shouldn't move, scooping them out of me, not caring how they'll be put back.

If they could be put back.

They move slowly, carefully holding parts, weighing them, taking samples, and storing some in jars. Electrified Phantom pains rushed through me with each of their movements. I can't help but Flinch at their prodding, squishing of parts, of me.

They peel my skin back further to get a better look inside. They Nick at my arteries, watching how I bleed, how fast it'll stop. Watching if ectoplasm can clot like blood. It can, but what they're watching isn't solely ectoplasm, so it takes longer than full ghosts. Finally, they get Annoyed at the slow pace and come back with a blowtorch to cauterize my wounds.

They wouldn't want me to bleed out too fast, after all.

I've tried to stay quiet, not wanting them to get the satisfaction, but when the fire touches me, I can't help but plead, " stop. Please, I'll–," they cut me off, laughing at my pleads at my cries,  finding it funny.

That is, until they stop finding me amusing.

" Would you shut up?" Maddie says through clenched teeth.

" Please," I say once more, hoping that, for once, she will listen, but it does no good. She throws her hands up in annoyance and walks away from the table.

Jack's house what he's doing and follows her, " Maddie-cakes,  what do you have there?"

I can hear a smirk in her voice as she says, " don't worry about it. get behind its head," he does so, " I want you to squish his mouth shut just like this." She instructs him where to place his hands and shows him how to close my jaw shut and push my head down. His grip is tight, making it hard to breathe. Once satisfied, she climbs on the table and positions herself over me. I was expecting a muzzle, but it seems like they weren't prepared for me to be making any noise. I watch as she pulls a small needle and wire out in front of me and places it right under my lip. She smushes them together and pokes it through.