ii. Given the Circumstances - Yes, I Think I'd Stalk You

next person who references twist and shout is getting blocked :))

srsly I've gotten so many T&S comments and as an author it sort of sucks to put hours of my life into my work only to have it compared to someone else's so pls stop with the "haha Elvis!1!!!" and "I'm only reading this because of twist and shout hahahahaha?1" comments okay thanks 

---

It is well after four in the morning when Castiel finally flies back to his vessel's house. Neither Sam nor Dean make another appearance that night, nor does any danger come to them.

It isn't per say his duty to watch over two fully-grown men, but it just feels right, so he sticks with it. It's more so something to do, rather than sitting in the house and wait for his next shift with only a cat for company.

And that's how the rest few days are spent, walking to the little motel, watching the boys, and flying back home for tea and kitty cuddles. Neither of them notice the angel watching them, but Dean seems a bit out of place, as if he can sense Castiel.

Yet they still don't meet face to face for twelve hours.

* * *

Dean walks into the Gas 'n Sip, partially hoping that the man - Steve would be there again, disappointed to find a woman at the cash. He sighs and heads to the back of the store-to pick out a snack-before noticing the familiar man clad in bright blue assisting a customer at the slushie machine.

Casually, Dean works his way over to him, accidentally-on purpose-brushing past the man's hip with his own.

"Oh, sorry man, didn't see you there!" he chirps, offering the man a hand.

"Oh it's no prob-hello, Dean." He straightens fully, only having to look a few inches up at Dean. "I was just fixing the slush machine."

"I can see that." Dean muses, glancing over his shoulder at Sam, who's making obscene gestures with his hands. Man, he should get his ass back to Stanford with all his other annoying know-it-alls, he remorsefully thinks.

But thanks to March Break, him and Dean are having a little brother-vacation time. Although personally, Dean would rather be having some girl time, alone. Or guy time. As it is, only Sam and their mother know about Dean's attraction to men and women alike.

-

Castiel blinks at Dean, mildly confused. The colours flying off this man are unreal, and words like girls, boys, attractive, and bed are flying through his head. To break the tension, he finally asks, "How are you?"

"I'm good." Dean replies, leaning against the wall with an eyebrow cocked. "And yourself?"

"Nothing is new." Castiel shrugs, "I tried tea on the weekend, and I quite like it."

Dean stares at Castiel, before cracking a smile that reveals perfectly straight teeth. "I'm more of a coffee guy, but maybe you should make me some tea sometime."

"If you wish, I can write down where I-oh." He looks down at his shoes, finally understanding Dean's intentions. "I mean, yes, that sounds good."

The green-eyed man smiles bigger, before clasping his hands together. "Sweet, did that really work?"

"Did what work, Dean?" Castiel frowns, tilting his head to look at Dean.

"I literally just invited myself to your house." He replies with a snort, "But hey, it's official now."

Castiel furrows his brows, before pointlessly stating, "Yes."