Phoenix Rises

Começar do início

"It's fine, and it's healed already." she waved it off.

"It really isn't fine. And it could have been worse. So please accept my apology."

Nodding, Mei sighed. "I accept it."

They walked together towards the dorm gates and there they saw Katsuki Bakugo walking out as well.

He looked less than happy to see them, and the feeling was mutual on Mei's part.

The three students walked to the bus stop in uncomfortable silence, occasionally interrupted by Bakugo's annoyed grunts.

The course was taking place in a Safety Commission classroom inside the exam test center.

When they walked inside, Camie Utsushimi and Inasa Yoarashi from Shiketsu High School were already seated.

"Welcome to day one!" Yoarashi stood up so straight that his back probably cracked. "Let's finish this course with passion!"

Bakugo walked straight past him to sit down at the back of the class.

Unfazed, Yoarashi turned to Mei and Shoto. "I would like to once again apologize for my behaviour!"

The two U-A students exchanged a brief look.

Todoroki then offered Yoarashi a brief nod. "You already did. No need for any more apologies."

"Thank you!"

"I have no harsh feelings either, Yoarashi." Mei added, shrugging.

"I'm glad to hear, Shinomori!" he grinned.

"Or maybe I'll just crush you so hard you'll think twice about pulling that crap with me again." Mei kept a smile on her face as she spoke.

Yoarashi's overly-enthusiastic features twitched, but he maintained his grinning expression.

Stepping towards a desk, Mei turned to see Bakugo looking at her from the corner of his eye; on his face, she saw what she could have sworn was a look of respect.

Shoto moved the chair from the desk beside hers and sat down.

It was then that the coordinator that Mei remembered from the exam day walked into the room.  She sighed - it would be a long day.

—————————

After class Bakugo and Mei made their way back to the dorm. Todoroki had to go home to have dinner with his family that night instead, mentioning something to do with his sister.

Most of the others had already returned from their internships and were mingling in the common room. But Mei couldn't see Momo anywhere.

The absence of her felt bigger than ever. Things were strange between Mei and her best friend since the day Shindo came by the school. Yes, she had made a point to avoid Momo, but for the first time in her life, it worked.

Their teacher, Eraser Head, walked into the room and turned on the TV.

The news segment was on, reporting on a series of attacks on building in the city center.

"Woah, is this nearby?" Kaminari stepped closer to the screen.

"These attacks have been linked to the League of Villains." Aizawa explained to the students, still holding on to the remote. "Many top heroes have been sent to intercept, including some that your classmates have been working for."

"Really? Who?" Sero asked.

"Yaoyorozu, Jirou and Ashido are in that group." Eraser's voice remained steady.