"Nah, I only play on the weekends now."

He talked with his siblings for a bit longer, just catching up since they hadn't seen each other in a while. Ever since he left home, he had been so busy trying to find a part-time job and an apartment that he didn't see them much.

Near the end of the conversation, Jay mentioned their parents again.

"You know, you really should take up their offer. I know you want to be independent, but the job market is rough. College would really help."

Matt flinched when he heard the word college. That was the main reason he left home. High school was literally hell for him, and so when his parents wanted him to go to college, he instantly refused, even though they would pay for it.

"I, might. I just need to think it over more."

His situation was different now. The system was now his top priority and he was struggling to even just pay his rent. If he went to college, he could focus his full attention on leveling up. Studying wouldn't be a problem with being able to raise his intelligence, there was just one last barrier he had to overcome.

He needed to be able to defend himself. If he went, he wouldn't be bullied. He had the system now, maybe it could be different than high school.

"Well, I hope you do think about it. I know it's a sore subject for you, so I won't push anymore."

With that, Ashley gave him another big hug, and then both made their way out of his apartment. Matt helped them out the door, and Ashley ran ahead, crashing into everything on the way out.

Jay stopped at the door.

"Just so you know, I heard your friend Fen is going to college. The same one Dad works at. Well, see ya."

With a smile, he left and ran after his sister since she had already gotten so far ahead.

Matt thought about what his brother said for a moment. If Fen really was in college with him, it sure would make it a better experience. Fen was the only reason he didn't drop out of high school and made it fun when he was there.

Matt sighed. He wouldn't have even considered going if he didn't get the system, and now Fen was going too.

"Damn, why am I hesitating so much?"

His heart felt fast and his body was tense. That's just what the word "school" did to him. It just wasn't easy getting over trauma like that.

'I promised myself to change. Avoiding college was just another one of the ways I was dodging my fears. I have the system now. That's it, I'm going.'

Though he said this, he was mainly trying to convince himself. At least it was a step in the right direction.

With a big yawn, he stumbled back into his bedroom and flopped on the bed. His body was still very sore from earlier that day and he needed to get up early.

After a few minutes, he fell back into a deep sleep.

-

-

-

-

-

__________

||Stats||

Name: Matt Peterson

Age: 18

LVL: 2 [XP 3/120]

HP | 20/20

MP | 0/0

Status Effects: [None]

-

||Attributes||

[Str] - 10

[Con] - 10

[Agi] - 12

[Dex] - 12

[Int] - 14

[Luk] - 11

[Stat Points]: 0

-

||Skills||

Inspect [Lv.1], Map [Lv.2], Help [Lv.1], Storage [Lv.1]

-

||Quests||

-General-

Do Pushups [36/100] [Reward: +2 Strength, +20xp]

Pay the Rent [$112/800] [Reward: +Mystery Reward, +30xp]

-

-Daily-

*Daily quests not available in beta*

__________