two

6:57 am / Nyane's POV

My alarm goes off disturbing Connor and I. I hear him groan a bit, crying and I hate how it always disturbs him and then he starts crying.

I get up from the bed, laying on his bed to console him. "Shhh..it's ok mommy's here."

I pick him up, walking to the living room trying not to disturb Dad.

"If you stop crying we can have ice cream and popcorn today." I promise him, knowing he's going to stop crying.

A few seconds later, we stops crying and we head to the bathroom as I prepare to give him a bath. My phone rings, and I rush to the bedroom picking it up seeing it's Jalen. My best friend from childhood.

"Hello?" I speak into the phone as I head back to the bathroom seeing Connor had poured my shampoo all over this body. "Connor!!! What are you doing?!"

"Hello to you too Nya." Jalen chuckles.

I put the call on speaker lifting Connor up and setting him on the counter.

"Yeah, sorry Jalen" I try to wipe off the shampoo off him and he smiles looking at me. "Connor was just being a bad boy"

"Ha, hey do you want to meet up later at the mall?" He asks and he sounded happy.

"I would love to but, I can't. Dad is going out with his friend and so I have no one to look after Connor."

I give Connor his toothbrush, putting toothpaste on it. He smiles seeing his favourite toothpaste, strawberry toothpaste.

"Don't worry about it, bring him along. After all I miss that little sport." Jalen says as I watch Connor.

"You want to go to the mall Connor?" I ask him and a huge grin appears on his face whenever I say the word mall or ice cream.

"Alright just text me the time." I conclude as I end the call after we say goodbye.

"MALL! MALL! M-" He yells and I shush him because dad is still sleeping.

After breakfast

I dress Connor in a red plaid shirt, black shorts and his white sneakers. I had a very hard time dressing him this morning because he wouldn't sit still.

"Connor! Stop moving baby." I tell him for the 7th time but he wouldn't listen. When I finally got him to put his feet inside the shoe after so many warnings. My phone makes a sound, telling me that I have a text message.

I'm downstairs, in the parking lot

I tell dad that we're leaving, I put on my white converse holding Connors hand as we walk out of the apartment. After the elevator ride, we finally make to the lobby as we walk out of the building.

Spotting Jalen's Audi, we walk up to the car as I open the back door. Knowing there is already a baby seat in the car, I put Connors seatbelt on. I get in the passengers seat seeing Jalen smiling.

"Hey guys. Ahh Connor I have a little surprise for." Jalen says as I put on my seat belt. He removes a Wwe John Cena (I am in love with him like he's my everything) Mattel toy from the bag. Connors screams with excitement knowing he got a John Cena action figure.

"What do you say Connor?" I ask him turning around. He giggles and says thank you.

We drive to the mall, Square One in less that 45 minutes. When we arrived, we got out of the car walking together inside the mall.

We walk around for a bit entering from store to store until Connor starts misbehaving.

"But mommy I want that toy!" He whines and I kneel down on one knee.

"Connor stop it, I told you that we can't afford it baby." I respond like a good parent would do.

"But mo-"

"Connor I told you no! Now misbehave" I yelled at him, causing some people to look at us.

"I'll be back." Jalen says walking into some random store. I sit with Connor on the bench as he continued to whine. But I didn't pay him any attention.

A few minutes later Jalen walks up to us with a Triple H action figure and Connor gets so excited as I just gasp.

"Jalen. What? I told him no. Youre spoiling my child " we got off the bench continue to walk around. I just shake my head.

"But I didn't." He laughed at me. I just shook my head as we kept walking.

"Thank you." I whisper to him and he puts his arms around me. He nods smiling at me.

When we got to the food court, Jalen offered to buy as food but I lied to him saying we had already eaten. But obviously he didn't buy it. I love how he doesn't judge me, and he knows that we don't have the money but he doesn't care. He'll do anything to help us. Unlike Sierra, my ex best friend who judged me when the whole school bullied me.

We ordered food from The Keg, and their food is actually expensive. Jalen was just spending money on Connor and I and I felt bad.

After eating, Jalen and Connor went to the washroom while I stayed behind waiting for them.

I saw this dress at Forever 21 which was beautiful. I just imaged how I would look in it. A beautiful black dress. I hadn't realized that Jalen and Connor were back yet until Connor burped. He and Jalen just giggled causing the three of us to laugh.

"That's a really nice dress" Jalen says to me. I look at him weird, as he points to the dress. And then I just nodded looking at Connor who was playing with his toy. "Go try it on."

I point at myself, looking at him and he nods. "I can't afford it Jalen.

He rolls his eyes grabbing my hand and Connors as well as we enter the store.

"Ja-" I try to say but he cut me off. How rude of him.

"Excuse ma'am, do you have that dress on stock for size small." Jalen asks the blonde worker. I tried to tell the lady that she shouldn't worry about it but each time Jalen would interrupt me.

The lady comes back with the dress in her hand, and I have to say it looks beautiful up close. Jalen collects the dress from her, gives it to me and pushes me into the changing room. At this point I had no choice but to try it.

I take off my black cropped top and jeans, only left in my undergarments. I slid into the dress, fitting into it perfectly. It was just my size too.

I take a deep breath as I walk out of the changing room and seeing Jalen on his phone. He finally looks up and his eyes widen and so did Connor.

"Mommy you look very beautiful." Connor says smiling wide as ever. "Thank you baby.'

I look at Jalen shrugging my shoulders, who is still admiring me. "Hey, DaCosta! Eyes up here." The dress was slit in the front showing a bit of cleavage .

I laugh at him as he finally looks at me. He gets up to walking to me. "You...look.. beautiful Nyane. And I'm not talking about grade 4 picture day beautiful. Im talking about actual beauty."

I just laugh, hitting his arm. "Thank you." I look at myself in the mirror actually taken in my curves. I did have curves but they weren't Nicki Minaj curves. Mine are like Kylie Jenner curves.

Jalen agrees to buying the dress for me and I was just happy. He didn't have to do it, but he did because he knows my condition and he would do anything to make me and Connor happy. He was the first person I told about my pregnancy, he was there when I told my dad. And was there through all the hormones and was there when I was giving birth. However he fainted, like I expected him to.