V. No Georgina Sparks.

Start from the beginning

"This is just great. My privacy is being invaded and now everyone thinks I'm in a relationship with the married American coach. Love that." Claire forces an exaggerated laugh, whilst she frantically paces around the room, "And we were being followed that day?! By The Sun? Did those fuckers have nothing better to do? Fucking hell!"

Tracey silently frowns, whilst handing her a cup of coffee, resulting to Claire raising her brows at her, "This situation must be bad if you're willingly giving me more coffee."

Tracey nods at her and smiles, "I'll only allow it today. So, we'll try to get the story taken down as soon as possible and will sue those nits for defamation. But what is your stance on the press release? I'm guessing you'd want to deny the shit out of everything and throw them a bone by sharing the news of our recent partnership with AFC Richmond, hence explaining why you were even seen with said coach?"

Claire sighs with relief, satisfied with the fact that her best friend knows her so well, "You're the best. I love you."

Tracey bows jokingly, "I know. Love you too. Now, forget about this and actually get to work. Oh, but first you should probably speak to the American and Rebecca. After that you can leave this whole situation behind you. All right?"

Claire nods, feigning indifference, despite her cheerful mood from earlier, furrowing her brows at Tracey, "Fine."

Tracey takes that as her sign to leave the office and Claire takes a last swig of her coffee before she decides to walk out as well—chosing to ignore her phone that was blowing up. However, before she actually leaves the room, she returns to eye the cardboard cut-out once more, her lower lip protruding in a sulky pout, "Not even Daniel Kaluuya can fucking cheer me up, oof!" Claire prances out of the room, already sensing that this was going to be a very tiring day.

The first thing she does upon leaving the office is walking off to find Ted, who luckily is standing in the hallway when she finds him. She's glad the crew isn't filming, giving her some leeway to exclude this—her personal life—from the shooting of this mockumentary. Ted is grinning at her as soon as he sees Claire strutting towards him, not catching the annoyed look on her face, "How are you doing, Claire?" He asks, trying to read her face and noticing her huff.

Claire shrugs, shaking her head petulantly while she tries to not get angered again, "I'm awful, not even Daniel Kaluuya could cheer me up. Daniel fucking Kaluuya! That man is bloody gorgeous. Anyone would be happy to see him." She groans, rubbing her temples and quickly retorts, "And yet, here I am, worried over that stupid article written by those idiots who I shouldn't be losing sleep over. This is serious."

Ted gives her a blank stare, causing her to give him a puzzled look in return, "Didn't you see the front page of The Sun from today?" Upon noticing that his facial expression didn't change, she pulls out her phone to show him the pictures, "The headline is—New Richmond Coach Shags The Nation's Sweetheart Claire Laghari," Claire groans.

"I think a more accurate headline would be—Manager Is Innocently Acquainted With Young Woman Whose Relationship Should Not Define Her And Whose Privacy Should Be Respected." Ted quips, which fails to provoke a smile from Claire. He notices that she's serious, adjusting to her as he looks at her with a worried frown.

Claire is fuming once again, not because of Ted but because she's reminded of how bad the situation is. She eyes Ted with concern, "Ted, this is really bad! Not just for me, but also for you and this club. They insinuate throughout the article that you're having an affair with me. They released a bunch of photos of us together, which means we were being followed. I don't want to put you in a bad situation with your family back home, I really hope I haven't."