chapter 13

Khauhelo Mohato
Johannesburg

Its been a week since I was discharged from the hospital.

Langalibalele Zulu has decided to make himself my body guard;it's annoying because his everywhere I go and wants to do everything for me.

"Is everything okay in there?"He asks from the other side of the door making me increase the volume on my phone.

"I need you to answer me or else I'm breaking this door"I let out a irritated sigh;"Everything is okay now can you go away?"I ask and he does just that.

I can't forgive him for what he did

I still don't believe that he laid hands on me.

After a few mintues I get out of the bathing tub;brush my teeth then make my way to the bedroom to get ready.

I was going to have lunch with my mother for the first time in a long time.

I didn't have the perfect mother daughter relationship with her because growing up I was the black sheep of the family;she always made it a point to tell me how much she hated me because of how I reminded her of my useless father.

She'd even go as far as starving me because dad didn't pay child support.

I put on a white short sleeve maxi summer dress with black vagabond Courtney platform sandals.

I combed my natural hair out and sprayed myself with my favorite perfume,Floral street wonderland Peony.

I dressed my daughter into a daisy floral mesh dress with white sandals then I combed her hair down then put on a white hairband that had daisy's onto her head.

I suggested that Langa should come too so my mother can just meet my "baby daddy".

He drives us to Mall of Africa and we spend ten whole mintues looking for her;she was waiting for us at Woolworths and from there we went to one of the restaurants.

"Is this your family?"She questions and I nod with a small smile;she bows down to Langa making me internally roll my eyes.

"Ma there's no need for that"He says I look at my daughter who is already looking at me as if she understands what's going on she shakes her head.

We seat down and a waiter comes and take our orders;"What do you want to drink?"I ask my daughter who has been quiet

"Umm-"..."why don't you just order for her she's wasting time"My mother says and I roll my eyes.

If I ever attempted to order for her she'd kill me.

"Can I get the same drink as mommy"She says in a soft tone

"Are you sure?"she nods and i say two fanta oranges.

"I invited your sister"i slowly nod knowing pretty well today might end on a rough patch.

Zamo arrives after a few mintues and she's not even dressed.

She's wearing a crop top that's not even a crop top,it's looks like she's wearing one of her kids clothes and her skirt is the size of a belt.

She skips me and her mother and greets Langalibalele with a hug and a kiss on the cheeks.

"You two would make such a cute couple"my mother says the two making me clear my voice.

"I'm fine with Khauhelo"he says and my mother smiles;"she's always available".

The lunch comes to an end after what felt like hours and we make our way home.

Langalibalele and I haven't spoken about the twins mainly because I've been avoiding the topic.

I put Bukhosi to bed and I make my way to the kitchen to get a little snack;I do try to talk to Langa but he gives me a cold shoulder Majority of the time.

I grab oreos and attempt to join him in the living room but as I seat down he gets up

"Langa-"I stop myself from speaking and grab the remote watching Dlozilam.

I end up falling asleep.

Im woken up by little soft hands continously hitting my face;"Nana"i say opening my eyes;"Mommy you are awake"She says with a big smile

"Are you hungry?"I ask and she nods;"what do you want to have?"i ask

"Hmm what do i want to eat?"She taps her finger on her chin thinking of what she wanted to eat and after some time she says;"Mesh potatoes"

I nod motioning the both of us to the kitchen;I start by putting water with salt on the stove to boil and once it has boiled I put my potatoes in there.

The food is ready and I dish up for the both of us;"Thanks mommy"she says as I put her food on her high chair.

"What do we do before we eat?"I ask

"PRAYY"she semi shouts causing me to laugh after that we close our eyes and pray:

"God bless our food before we eat Amen"

We eat and I put the dirty plates in the dish washer and head back upstairs.

"I want to sleep with you today"she says and I nod fetching her pajamas.

We head to my bedroom and get changed then sleep.