Worrying Behaviors

Seam placed the wooden spoon he was using to stir the soup on the side of the counter. He turned around and gently picked Jevil up, who giggled happily. Seam brought him over to the one chair at the kitchen table and sat him down.

"Soups done, I'll fix you a bowl, okay? Just stay right there." Seam said with a smile. Jevil's tail excitedly wagged. Seam went over to the cabinets above the sink and got a bowl, bringing it over to the pot of soup and filling the bowl with it.

He then got a glass and filled it with water, worrying that Jevil may be dehydrated. He brought both things over and set them down, Jevil immediately began eating, not even using the spoon to eat, just sticking his face in the bowl.

"Woah! Hey! Kiddo! Slow down -" Seam reached toward Jevil to try and stop him from eating so fast, and Jevil quickly turned and bit Seam's paw. Seam's fur fluffed out and he gasped, pulling his paw away quickly and looking startled. Jevil paused, horrified at what he had just done. "..." Seam looked down at his paw. His paw pad had small punctured bite marks in it. He then looked back at Jevil, who had his ears pricked back in fear and his tail wrapped around his leg.

"...Hey, I'm... not gonna take your food, okay? Why... Why did you bite me? Are you scared...?" Seam asked with concern.
Jevil looked down with shame, nodding. "...Thats... understandable." Seam said solemly. "Just try to eat a bit slower, okay? I don't want you to get sick." Seam said calmly, giving a small, worried smile.
Jevil nodded silently and began eating again, but slower and clearly nervous

Seam looked at him with worry.

Jevil's immediate reaction when he reached toward him was to whip around and bite him?
He was completely certain that whoever this child's true parents were had mistreated him very badly.
Jevil just ate slowly, avoiding eye contact with Seam.
"...I'm not mad with you, you know that, right?" Seam said, kneeling down next to Jevil to be at eye level with him.

"...?" Jevil looked over, seeming a bit surprised. ".......not mad?" He muttered quietly, looking at Seam with a questioning look. "Of course not. How could I ever get mad at you, hm?" Seam chuckled, gently pinching Jevil's cheek. Jevil giggled, his ears perking up a bit again. "Just try not to bite me anymore-" Seam said with a nervous laugh. Jevil nodded and smiled awkwardly.

Jevils attention immediately turned to the soup again, and he began eating. There was soup down his shirt. Seam was certain he'd need a bath after this. Seam took note that Jevil's tail was wagging happily. He gave a soft chuckle. "Is it good?" Seam asked, amused. Jevil nodded quickly and then drank the rest of the soup in the bowl.

"Hm? Done already...?" Seam asked with surprise. Jevil nodded. "Did you have any water?" Seam asked, Jevil looked over at the water. He picked it up and drank it, the whole glass in a matter of moments. "...Well now you have -" Seam chuckled.
"You sure are a messy eater..." Seam muttered. "... How about we get you cleaned up, eh?" Seam said, ruffling Jevils hair with his paw.