4 - Prophecies and Parties

Start from the beginning

February comes and with it the festivity that excites the couples and that saddens the single ones.
You haven't celebrated Valentine's Day in the latest year and you are curious to see how it is celebrated in the past.
Ellie doesn't stop talking about her most recent crush, who asked her out for a special trip to Hogsmeade.
You look up at the snowflakes falling from the grey sky, imagining how the sudden snow storm can waste that happy day.
"Have you ever dated someone?" Ellie asks you to include you in the chat.
You don't have pleasant memories.
The Yule Ball had been magical and you agreed to date one of your admirers, when you had a crush on Cedric Diggory. How close you were to make a Polyjuice Potion to replace Cho Chang...
Now you regret not having gone through that plan. Diggory is gone forever. Unless you kill Voldemort in the past and prevent that tragedy. And you have no clue on where to find him.
"Yeah, but it didn't work".
Ellie follows you indoor, joining the crowd of people gathered in a decorated Great Hall, where a small school play just ended.
You just hope it wasn't something like Romeo and Juliet and you're glad you missed it.
You can smell the vapours of weird potions in the air and you beg there are no love potions around, although by the way certain girls peered at a certain Prefect, you can imagine what kind of dangers lurks in the drinks.
And by the way Riddle glares around him, he is surely aware of the danger.
How would he act if someone manages to make him drink a love potion?
Would he be romantic and smiling sheepishly?
You shove the idea away. Seeing him slightly drunk was already quite an adventure.
"Can you play?" Ellie asks, seeing how you are absent-mindedly touching the keys of the abandoned piano by the stage.
"Just the basic" you admit.
She pulls you to sit in front of the piano "Come on, play something. Anything".
You freak out, but nobody is watching you and there's enough noise in the hall to hide any music.

You let your emotions guide you and you choose to play Easy on Me, something people of that time can't know and you don't think it's so damaging to spoil them with a song that they won't hear for the next half a century.
You start with uncertainty, then you are acquainted again with the instrument and let your fingers dance with more confidence.
The music makes you a bit emotional and you fight the tears that are blurring your eyes.
When the song ends, you realize the silence surrounding you.
You're surprised by how many people gathered around you and are now applauding you.
You quickly leave the piano and stumble on your feet, almost losing your balance.
"Just the basic?" Ellie grabs you "That's the most beautiful piece I've ever heard. Did you compose that?".
You glance perplexed at her teary face "Well no, a friend did".
You spot some professors approaching you and before they can reach you and mayne force you to play more, you escape thought the crowd and seek refuge in your tower, waiting for that day to be over.

You return to the Great Hall only when it's dinnertime.
Ellie just returned from her trip to Hogsmeade and is updating you on her amazing date.
At least you're glad she enjoyed the date.
Glancing at the other tables you spot some drama, arguing couples, smooching ones.
It's not so different from your time.
As you leave the hall with your friends, you hear someone comment.
"Thanks Merlin this day is over".
You can't agree more.
Suddenly someone grabs your arm, stopping you.
You turn, seeing Trelawney having a sort of crisis.
A choked sound escapes her throat.
"You... You will find answers to the mysteries your trying to unveil".
You blink at the wide eyes staring at you behind thick glasses.
You try to free your arm, the grip being painful.
"Thank you, I guess?" you say and finally Trelawney lets you go and you massage your aching arm.