7 | 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍

'Why does she never die?'

There's a sickening satisfaction in seeing the shock on their faces every time I make it out alive. As if I trick the grim reaper and return from the clutches of death again and again. As if they can tell I come back with the promise that one day, I'll decide their destiny. One day, I'll be the reaper and them the souls.

Kai Park says I'm a psycho. I believe it's better than his blind love for the girl they bought in only a week ago, the girl named Sienna. The girl who blushes at the sight of Kai. The girl who makes him see moonbeams, as pathetic as it sounds.

Side note (written by Daisy on the last page when Kai was sleeping, after numerous tries of getting the spellings right) : I actually think Sienna and Kai make a cute pair.

~from the journal entries of Daisy

--------᪥-------

☘︎ Eᴠᴇ Kᴀᴠɪɴsᴋʏ ☘︎

My first thought is that I should turn around, make a run for my room and shut the door on Axel Hernandez's pretty face.

But given my wonderful luck, these sequence of events happen; When I whirl around a little too fast, as though I'm trying to compete a spinning yo-yo, my feet slips. Ofcourse, it does. Paint me hundred shades of surprised.

If that wasn't enough, I fall backwards, straight on top of my husband standing in the doorway. Poor victim that he is in the situation and with me dropping on him like an apocalypse, Axel caught by pure shock, loses his balance and we both go tumbling onto the floor.

Axel receives the whole brunt of the fall, his spine hitting the ground with force and me toppling onto him, weighing him down like a stone.

"What is wrong with you?" A groan escapes Axel's lips. I don't know whether he realizes it, but his arms are around my torso holding me to his body, involuntarily protecting me from major harm. The shirt I wore had ridden up to my thighs so high I'm almost flashing my undies.

Head spinning, lashes blinking up at the ceiling, my back pressed to the hard contours of his chest as a sense of deja vu engulfs me, "Blame gravity. She's a neuronic traitor." I grumble under my breath.

"What?" Axel asks in disbelief. He must've really hit his head bad.

"Gravity. It's the force of earth-"

"I certainly had no idea what gravity was before today, Miss Eve." He states through his teeth, in that dry tone that doesn't sound like sarcasm but is very much it.

As Axel tries to adjust his cramped, tall body on the ground with my weight over him, his hand lowers from the side of my hip accidentally making contact with the bare skin of my thigh. I feel the phantom touch of his long fingers dangerously close to my inner thigh before we both freeze.

Then in a second too fast as if I electrocuted him, Axel pushes me of off him to the side and stands up in an elegant rise, despite him nearly breaking his back a few minutes ago. I quickly scramble to pull my shirt down and sit up, proceeding to get on my feet with such struggle as though I'm eighty and not twenty-five.

When I bring my eyes to my supposed husband, he's fixing his cufflinks and straightening the creases in his suit. Who even dresses up like they're about to attend a board meeting, at midnight?

As if he can hear me, Axel's eyes snap upto mine, cold like the depths of a frozen Hell. He takes a step forward, approaching me like a predator would a prey. I religiously take a step back.