🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕

Start from the beginning

I know how much trouble I might get in - sneaking into the dungeon like this. My dad won't allow me to speak with Varian, so taking matters into mine and Rapunzel's own hands is the only option.

I take a deep breath, as I approach the door to the dungeon. Two guards are by the door, attempting to keep themselves awake. Thankfully, they aren't Pete or Stan. They would know something was up as soon as they saw me.

"Any ideas how to sneak past?" I ask Bucky and Ruddiger, in a whisper. Ruddiger shrugs, but Bucky gets an idea. I look over to what he's looking at - a large ring of keys in one of the guards hands.

Giving Bucky the nod, allowing him to do whatever idea of distraction he has in mind, Ruddiger and I hide behind the wall, just around the corner. Bucky manages to snatch the keys and scurry away with them in his mouth. The guards wake up and gasp, leaving their post and running after the quick little squirrel. I sigh in relief when they're gone.

After removing a hair clip from my hair and picking the dungeon door lock with it, which was taught to me by Eugene, Ruddiger and I then slip inside.

I close the dungeon door quietly, then walk through the dungeon quietly. I won't lie, the harsh glares and scowls I get from the other prisoners make me shiver slightly and I cover my face a little with the hood of my blue cloak. Even though I'm perfectly safe from them, it's still frightening.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief, when I see a familiar shadow on the floor, from a certain somebody in a cell near the back of the dungeon

I let out a quiet sigh of relief, when I see a familiar shadow on the floor, from a certain somebody in a cell near the back of the dungeon. Of course.

"Varian?" I quietly call, approaching the cell.
I can't help, but stare at him as he turns around.
Not that way. In a concerned way. His freckled face is faintly stained with dirt, his bright blue eyes have dark circles beneath them, his hair is a little messy, his already scrawny body looks even more frail and the seemingly untouched tray of food in the corner of his cell answers all of my questions.

 His freckled face is faintly stained with dirt, his bright blue eyes have dark circles beneath them, his hair is a little messy, his already scrawny body looks even more frail and the seemingly untouched tray of food in the corner of his cell ans...

I pull my hood back slightly to reveal my face to him. "You should really eat something, Varian. It's the best you can do, so far." I tell him.

Varian glances at me, then scoffs. "You're not the boss of me.." He remarks. "I-I'm not trying to be. I just want to talk. Please?" I ask. He doesn't answer.