𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 | 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆

Summer of '95one year prior

Summer of '95
one year prior

The sound of water dropping into the IV was the only thing that could be heard at the moment. He watched as the girl laying in the bed had her eyes close. Her breathing was slow and steady. Ray sat on the bed as he watched her sleep. Her mother, Lorraine, had left to check in on her younger kids and Ray offered to be there if she woke up.

The girl in the bed was named Ivy.

Ivy had overdosed four nights ago on Xanax. Something that their joint friend Fuckshit had gave to her. When the news got out about it Ray was the first one to visit. Though the whole group had came to visit, Ray was the only one to come everyday. Ivy had been in a coma since that night. After seeing the effect of Ivy overdosing, Fuckshit had confessed to giving her the pills.

To keep things short, things certainly changed the friendship between Ray and Fuckshit.

Ray watched as his best friend laid there. Looking down he grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze and a small kiss. He held her hand his lap as he just waited for her to wake up. He felt all kind of things. Anger. Guilt. Sadness. Confusion. Why would she do this? Why? From what Fuckshit said, she wanted them to sleep and calm her anxiety at night. Something in Ray's mind was telling him that it wasn't true.

A small groan could be heard and Ray looked at Ivy as he been tracing small circles on her hand. She slowly opened her eyes but quickly closed them due to the bright light. "Ray?" Her raspy voice spoke. "Yeah." He muttered. "The fuck am I?" She asked as she began to open her eyes again. "You're in the hospital." Ray said. She looked at him with confusion. "For what?"

"You overdosed Ivy."

"I what?"

"You fucking overdosed B! Like what the fuck!?" Ray shout up from the bed as he glared at her. She looked away from him. "Man, it wasn't on purpose." She muttered. "What do you mean it wasn't on purpose!? They said you took ten pills at once Ivy! How you gonna lay there and lie to my face!" He yelled at her. Ivy's lips began to shiver as Ray continue to scold her.

"The fuck would you try to kill yourself for!?"

And with that line she began to break down. Covering her face with her hands as she cried. Ray's face soften as he watched her. "Ivy." He whispered as he sat back down. "I'm sorry." and he pulled her into his embrace. Her arms instantly wrapped her arms around him as she cried. He swallowed the limp in his throat as he rubbed her back.

"It's okay. Shh. It's okay, Ivy."

"I'm so sorry, Ray." She cried out. He continue his best to try to sooth her with whispering comforting things. "I'm not happy Ray. I'm not happy." Ivy said as her breathing and crying slowly calmed down. "Why wouldn't you say anything? Why wouldn't you tell me?" Ray asked. "I don't know. I thought if I just went away, things would be okay." She hiccuped. "You can't think that way, Ivy. You know I'm here. You should've told me you felt this way." Ray explained.

"I know."

The two sat in silence as they continue to embrace each other. "No more pills that aren't prescribed to you. Okay?" Ray whispered. "Okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

<3

And the prologue to my new book !! Next chapter will be out...whenever I post it and y'all already know I don't got a schedule so be patient pls !!! Stay safe and kind !

Xoxo,