Chapter Sixty One

Start from the beginning

“心配しないで、私たちも借金を返します。" (Don't worry, we pay our debts too. )

The stranger felt himself lose his footing, as the breeze suddenly became unbearably cold. He couldn't tear his own voice, as the vision of those eyes, and the high balcony grew distant, ever shrinking as he fell…

*SPLAT! *

Yoshirō stared at the corpse, then at his hands. It had been so quick, he had not thought much about it, until the man fell to his doom. Was this how Father felt when he  killed for the first time?

One thing was for dyfs; he would have serious explaining to do in the morning.

                   ༺❘✦━.·:*✦*:·.━✦❘༻

Bran gasped, woken by his strange dream… no, nightmare. He could not believe that his littlest brother could be that ruthless. Then again, the child was defending himself. At least someone's gonna be a Knight, even if it's not me.

“What's wrong, did you seesomething? " asked a worried Osha.

“My brother, he… he's got blood on the balcony. "

“What's that? "

Oh right… they don't have balconies beyond the wall.

“Rickon killed someone."

“And? " Osha pondered. She was used to taking the lives of other people.

“He's so young… " Bran lamented.

" Anyone is capable of spilling blood, even a youngling like yourself. One day you may find yourself in a situation where you will have to spill a little blood to survive. It's the way of life, little wolf, "she said.

" I don't want to be a murderer, " Bran rambled out.

" Killing is a part of life and everyone around you has spilled blood before  even your lord father was " Osha commented.

" He wasn't a murderer, he was an honorable man " the little wolf defended.

" Yes, he was but it doesn't mean he wasn't a killer…. All men are killers even women sometimes "

" He only killed enemies, not innocent people, " Bran said.

" Really, what about that night watch deserter? your father beheaded him for breaking his oath " the wildling exclaimed.

" My father didn't have a choice, it was the King's decree " He mumbled.

" Still, he still killed a man that was just telling the truth about what he's seen "

" White walkers don't exist, they're just an old folk tale Old Nan would tell to me and my siblings before we went to bed every night " Bran replied.

" The world is a mysterious place, little one, nothing is what it seems to be " Osha commented.

The young wolf nodded knowing the wilding had some point, if magic existed in the world whose to say white walkers don't.

" Have you ever seen one beyond the wall? " Bran asked, staring at the wildling curiously.

" No, I just heard tales of the men of night watch seeing some of them, " Osha lied, not reading to tell her full story just yet.