Chapter Four : Dreadfort

Dreadfort (Domeric is 10, Ramsay is 13) this chapter was written with little help from ProtonCoccus

The air around the Dreadfort was colder than neighboring Winterfell. For a raven to survive such cold, it must have a special bloodline. Communication using those birds ranged from two to three days to a whole moon. Sending missives to the Boltons took around five days at best, and a week at worst.

Roose Bolton sat inside his solar, freshly leeched and pale as always. It was rare for the Lord Paramount to suddenly send him a letter, detailing the potential betrothal of his son Domeric and Sansa Stark. Perhaps, the Quiet Wolf finally broke free of the Trout Wife's control, that was what he hoped.

"You called for me, Father?" inquired Domeric, having just entered the room.

"Yes. I received a letter from Lord Stark. We are to depart for Winterfell in three days' time."

"To what do we owe this visit?"

"That my son, you will discover. You have always been curious about the Northern Ruby."

His father 's words struck Domeric. He was to meet Sansa Stark, a true jewel amidst the cold climate of the land. He had hoped to one day marry her; the Flayed Men could use some Direwolf pelts.

" Will Ramsey be coming with us "  Domeric asked in a low tone hoping he wasn't Ramsey was a rough playmate to play with he was cruel and harsh especially to animals.

" Yes, unfortunately " Lord Bolton mumbled knowing he couldn't leave Ramsay alone God knows what the boy would do.

"  When do we depart " Domeric inquired.

" In a few days, Domeric listen to me carefully this visit must go well you must be on your best behavior " Roose firmly told his son.

" I promise but I can't say the same about Ramsay " Domeric mumbled.

" Leave your half brother to me " Roose said knowing he would have a sternly talking with that boy.

His father soon dismissed him and Domeric made his way back to his chambers with a smile on his face as he was walking back he bump into someone on the way.

Domeric looked up and noticed it was only his cruel half brother, " Ramsay "

" Brother, why are you in a rush don't tell me father realizes what a disappointment you are and has cast you aside in favor of me " Ramsay smirked.

" No, father was just telling me we leave for Winterfell in a few days  " Domeric answered.

" The Starks, I hear you're married to the red wolf a beauty but her eldest sister Lyarra is considered the most beautiful lady in the north I wonder why father didn't bethroed you to her " Ramsay exclaimed.

" Father says he tried to but Lord Stark refused the betrothal " Domeric muttered.

" I could see why you aren't good enough for a beautiful lady like that, Sansa Stark is perfect for you brother " Ramsay said.

" I should pack " Domeric said and tried to walk away but Ramsay blocked his path.

" Don't walk away from me little brother " Ramsay snarled yanking his chin up harshly.

" Ramsay, stop it  " Domeric whimpered.

" Make me " Ramsay challenged with a smirk as he continued to torment the little bolton.