✧ _birthday spec.

Mulai dari awal

It took a while for Kazutora to respond, as Y/N mentally crashed at his words. "You... do?" Was this why Hanma always clung to Kazutora like a lost puppy? Y/N didn't know how to feel. Did they even like Shuji back?

"Y..es??" Hanma replied questioningly, precariousness lacing his voice. But after a moment of silence, Hanma spoke again. "So... about the date—" did Kazutora even want to go now that he knew how Hanma felt? Kazutora always went along with Hanma's plans, but...

Blinking, Kazutora pursed his lips before responding. "Yeah, sure, let's go."

Hanma's wide smile returned, stretching from ear to ear. He moved his hand to grab Kazutora's, pulling him along in the direction of Roppongi.

The silent walk to the carnival was nice, feeling comfortable with each other's presence. Despite everything that has happened, Y/N still felt the most at peace sticking to Hanma's side. Not even Charmer or Mathew could compare to the tranquility that the two shared. Hanma was the only one that crossed Y/N's boundaries and survived, after all.

But of course, Hanma Shuji is not a calm character in the slightest, so it was inevitable that he would break their comfortable silence. "Oh, by the way..."

"What?" Kazutora hummed.

"Do you like me back?" Hanma inquired. As much as Hanma was naturally quick to assume, he's experienced enough wrong assumptions about Kazutora to know that it was safer to ask.

Kazutora shrugged, "I don't know." Y/N really didn't.

"Then why are you—?" Hanma said almost depressingly, but Kazutora quickly cut him off.

"Because I'm giving you a chance. Don't think too much about it, okay?" The two boy's saw each other almost every day, anyway, so Y/N wasn't entirely against it.

Hanma squeezed his hand, "Okay.♡"

Man, was Shuji acting way out of character. Y/N didn't know how to feel about it. He wasn't even supposed to be interested in Kazutora in that way... and yet here they were, hand in hand, about to go on a date to Roppongi's carnival.

✧ ✧ ✧

Currently, the two teenagers were taking turns shooting balloons with blow darts. Yellow, blues, pinks and greens would 'pop' with each wave that they threw, successfully hitting most of their targets. Eventually, both of them won their own separate prizes. Hanma won a green snake plushie, whilst Kazutora won a gray patterned cat.

"I didn't expect you to have good aim," said Hanma. "Doesn't seem like you at all." Y/N was a melee fighter, so fighting at close range was Kazutora's specialty. Hanma has never seen him use any sort of weapon.

Kazutora quirked a brow, "Oh really? You don't seem like the type, either." No, he did, but Y/N wanted to play along with his sense of underestimation.

Hanma wrapped the long plush snake around his neck before replying. "You learn a thing or two when you're on the run."

"From who?" Kazutora gasped. Was he already on the run from cops or something?

Hanma smiled— again, "Don't worry about it."

"I'm worrying about it," Kazutora said, rolling his eyes, "you're always in trouble with somebody."

"Worry about it later, just focus on our date, mkaay♡?" Hanma cheekily said.

Kazutora scoffed, holding his cat plush closer to his chest. The two were back to holding hands. "Let's go on a roller coaster ride."