Chapter 13

Painful reminder

Tell me! How did I manage to get of these minor cozy joy games you would call chaotic situations in your tiny minds? Never mind. You are probably in an amusement why I'm asking. It's not me who got out of them! You will notice our friendly guy. Say nice to meet him. Right now, I need you to hear the doorbell.

Five thirty in the morning, being the fourth time he pressed his frozen thump to the doorbell. He was barefooted, clothes were dirty, and the mud on his feet made him slip off. He hit the door hard with his face, fell like a log, and lay dizzy on the tiled ice cold floor. He didn't feel any pain.

That's the lucky Jeffrey who managed to escape from the Jaws of Mark.

Thereafter, footsteps came in from a distance. The sound grew closer and made a sudden muteness. The next thing was an annoying 'Who is it?' I'm certain she didn't get any answer.

While she searched for the right key, Jeffrey tried to get up, but he was way too tired.

First came the sound of the turning key, and then the door swurved wide open. She let go of the handle. She didn't see anything! In that moment of cool morning breath, Jeffrey slowly rolled over to her feet.

She jumped backward. She stretched her arms broadly while she opened her mouth.

"No, no, no! I don't like this. What happened?" she struggled to let out the words. She was furious. She touched her face, clenching her fist as the frustration grew bold. "I don't know what this is?"

"If you don't start talking now, we will go back to Mutare!"

"We need to get inside!" he shilled, lowly.

"Okay, okay! I will just do as you say! Just like like that? I understand."

Considering that he just showed up, after an amazing trip, she found it not to be fair. It gnarled her thoughts. She made her fangs short at that time.

"Bruises, scars and mud. Well, great job!" she said, dragging his husband inside. She pulled him recklessly, like some random gabbage sack.

"Here's the polite me, still putting hands on you, and you still can't say what exactly happened. It means I'm the one with the error here." she said, finishing stitching up a shallow cut on her husband's shoulder.

Agony compelled him to shrill, but the instincts told not to. Otherwise, she would have shut the crap out of him. He felt the needle piecing into his bloody flesh. He could feel its slow twitch, and it was taking his soul.

"I like police cars. We can chase bad guys, and our world will be safe," he said said in a cute way.

She held her breath, slowed her pace, settled her heartbeat, and paid attention to the voice she heard in her Kid's room. With hands still sticky of dermatol, she stealthily reached for the baseball stick in a basket by the corner in the passageway.

“The thing with kids is inexplicably complex. Some would say they still have tender heart, but I would like to go against that idea. Just look at the way they smile at me.” He said his partially smooth face, crinkling into a warm smile. While he sat on that little Chair holding one of the twins in his arms, he glanced into her eyes and said, “Why do you think Jesus gave away his beloved  Kingdom to them?”

“Put him down!" This was the time she realised the baseball bat she held had no aid in this situation. Her pulse increased rapidly. It slipped off her sweaty paws and fell on the ground. She felt it in her bones. It was like they were being chewed up.

Of course she had her excellent ways of handling surprises, but not of a dark man in a black hat, long black leather jacket, a brown Turkish smart suit, while down there were pair of spotless black boots shining horns and a strong humour presented in his looks. That was way too much for her.

I was going to say it was the light that blocked her vision for a second, but it was dim. She was overwhelmed, and he fed on that.

"I'm not here for trouble! Don't be fluttered." He said with a deep voice.

How should I be fluttered? She asked herself. That is odd of him. Time went still for her while she waited for him to say something. Probably why he felt came to her place and, of course, holding her baby so nice.

"See, nothing happened to your husband, okay! He was here since yesterday, and you spent the whole day with him in the backyard. He fell off the trampoline or hit the wall with a bike or something. Just don't mention anything odd."

"Who are you?" She struggled to let out the words.

"Yoh shouldn't be concerned with that. If you try to find out anything beneath the roots of this giant tomatoe or even sniffing around, I'm afraid I do not guarantee the safety of your lovely family.

"And I'm supposed to get all that from a stranger."

He stood up, walked towards her, and hissed, "Yes! You will do exactly as I say. Let's just say that when people get into their mess,I give them a way out."

She quivered the words out, "To me, it looks like you have a lot of dirty business."

"I smell foam bath!" He spoke loudly. "You should join your husband.

She stood there in dismay. She was helpless in any way. I almost felt less proud of her judging by her usual attitude. This was a hell bound. She dropped her shoulders down while he walked around like a boss. He comfortably opened the door and headed out.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 27 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Husk & maskजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें