Cure to Cancer

Beginne am Anfang

They needed to know where this drug came from and what it did.

They needed to stop the person making it, before that virus spread.

Lauren was sitting beside the teen, holding her hand the entire time.

The poor girl was covered in bruises, hickies, whip marks, and lacerations.

Clearly the people that did this to her were looking for the drug.

The teen woke up that evening, sitting up and looking around.

Sheer panic washed over her face, Lauren rushing to her side.

"Hey, hey. Sweetheart, it's okay. You're fine, you're safe." The Cuban grabbed her tiny hand.

"You're freezing." She pulled the blanket over her body.

"How are you feeling?"

The girl looked down at herself, wondering what the hell happened while she was asleep.

All she remembered was being taken into an ambulance.

"No, no, stop that. Y/N, baby you're fine. The doctors just fixed you up a bit." Lauren told her when she saw the girl trying to look under the gauze on her stomach.

"Do you remember anything?"

The teen nodded her head, swallowing thickly.

"Can you tell me what happened?" The officer asked her, sitting beside her.

"I..." the girl croaked out, voice raspy from the lack of use.

"I remember walking downtown, going to my usual spot to play my guitar..." she looked out at the window.

"And when I got there, everything was fine. But... when I was on my way back to the orphanage... I heard talking." She was remembering every single detail, Lauren stroking the back of her hand to give her some comfort.

"There were two men arguing, yelling at one another. Something about finding a suitable host... I dropped by guitar and they looked at me and..." she had tears in her eyes.

"One grabbed me, asking me all of these questions.."

"What kind of questions?" Lauren asked.

"Things like, would anyone notice if you went missing? Or these weird medical questions like,  does any of your family have any mental illnesses?" She began to explain.

"And I was forced to answer or... or they'd kill me..." she let her tears fall.

"From there, I don't remember much. I just remember waking up sore here." She pointed to her stomach.

"They told me not to tell anyone about it and to go find a man named Matthew Hussey." Lauren immediately wrote that name down.

"I was set free and I thought that maybe, just maybe everything would be okay now. So, I went back home to the orphanage. But... after a few days... men after men came in looking for me. They adopted me just to start cutting into my body and... and... t-touching me..." she stuttered, unable to say the words.

"How many, Y/N?"

"O-Over three.."

"Do you remember their names?"

Y/N nodded her head, writing them all down.

Bradley Simpson, Austin Mahone, Shawn Mendez, Jacob Whitesides, and Luis Santos.

Lauren couldn't believe the names she was seeing.

Bradley was a cop, Shawn was in the FBI.

The others were business men.