Chapter 11

Ace

Five people in a house with one bathroom is like being in the middle of the line at a black friday sale — everyone wants the same thing and angry words escalate into pushing, shoving, and, in our case, broken doors. Which is why we have a schedule for morning routines, it keeps everyone happy, but tonight is out of the ordinary and we've also added an additional person to our mix.

I let Solana use my room to get ready, opting to get dressed in one of the other bedrooms with the guys.

"Are you sure you don't want me to just stay home with her? Gods only know who is going to be at this party, we could be bringing her straight to the people who are after her for all we know." Dean voices his concern once more about bringing Solana along tonight.

"Tate remind me, how long did it take Solana to escape last night after you came home?" I ask, focused on tying my bow tie. I'd sooner make a noose of it but unfortunately that's not part of the dress code.

"Two minutes, fifteen seconds." He says coolly from where he's seated on his bed. The bastard has already gotten dressed and tied his bow tie in the time it's taken me to even button up my shirt.

"She has more reason to stay by our sides at the party than she does here. Four of you couldn't keep her in the house, there's no way you could keep her here all on your own." I look back to find Dean rolling his eyes and I try to lighten the mood with a smile, "no offense, D."

"Again, I am more than willing to tie her up." Tate offers.

"You'd have to catch me first," Solana's voice turns all of our heads towards the door where she stands, stunning us all into silence.

The Goddess herself isn't as beautiful as the woman in front of me. She's dressed in an all black gown with a deep, plunging neckline, and a slit on one side of the skirt that ends at her hip. The top is made of lace, only lace, and has only one sleeve on the right arm leaving her other shoulder and arm completely bare.

Her lips are painted a deep, matte red. Thoughts of how that color would look smeared along my cock from her bobbing up and down on me enter my mind unbidden. She's left her hair down, waves billowing around her face and shoulders making her emerald green eyes look even brighter.

And my Gods, her scent. That earthy-sweet vetiver scent is driving me wild, making me want to lick it off of her, to consume it, to consume her.

She's lucky I didn't see her try that on at the store...I probably would have ripped it off of her and fucked her against the mirror in the fitting room.

"If I caught you, would I find you wearing one of my gifts?" Tate taunts her with a salacious grin.

"You mean these heels weren't from you?" She almost looks disappointed.

"I think letting you guess who gave you each gift will be almost as much fun as picking them out for you," Tate takes her hand and brings it to his lips, planting a tender kiss on the back before leaving the room and heading downstairs with Dean.

Once they've left I can feel her anxiety rising again, it happens every time we're left alone together. I ignore it by reattempting my bow tie, cursing at it when I struggle to breathe and tie the damn thing. Her fucking scent is replacing the air in my lungs.

"Can I help you with that?" She asks, lifting her hands to my neck and folding the bow tie before I can tell her not to bother. Her hands are warm when they graze my neck as she works, sparks radiating out from where she makes contact.

When she's satisfied with her work she straightens out my jacket and runs her hands down my chest, hesitating to pull away when she reaches my abdomen.

"I got you something as well." I say to her softly and hand her a small box that I asked Hunter to get before he and the guys left the mall.