I leaned in and kissed her softly, carefully, almost. Two men passed us and started whistling, which made me immediately pull back. I didn't want to grant them the pleasure of seeing us kiss, they didn't deserve it.

Regina rolled her eyes at them, but when she looked at me a smile formed on her lips again. "I don't sleep with people on the first date," I said, in response to Regina's question. I knew it was a ridiculous comment, given the fact that Regina and I had done quite some things to each other that I normally wouldn't do before I'd properly met someone, but I still wanted to stick by this rule.

"Then I suppose I'd have to ask you out on a second date," Regina said with a wink.

"No," I replied. Her face fell, immediately. "Oh, no, I don't.. I meant it's my turn now. You asked me the first times, now it's my turn to ask you." She looked relieved. "So, Regina Mills, would you like to go on a second date with me?"

"Absolutely," Regina replied with a smile and cupped my cheeks.

"And not just for the sex?" I asked, jokingly, though I did want to get an answer.

Regina raised her eyebrows. "Of course not, Emma," she said. "That's not why I'm dating you. You know that, right?"

I nodded, but clearly Regina wasn't yet convinced. "Maybe we should put off sex, until we get an official relationship. If we'll even get one, ever."

"Mm mmh," I hummed agreed. I didn't agree, though. I didn't want to wait that long until I got to sleep with Regina again, but it would be best for us probably. We'd kind off rushed that area a bit, it'd be good for us to slow down now. Getting to know Regina on an emotional level, was just as, if not more, exciting as getting to know her physically.

"You don't like it, do you?" Regina asked smugly. "Too bad I'm not going to have sex with you while we're casually dating."

I faked a pout, but chuckled. "Oh, don't worry, Regina, dear. Remember when I got you to kiss me in under ten seconds?"

"No, I only remember you failing miserably at that," Regina replied with a smirk.

We continued walking through the badly lit streets and I kicked some trash aside. Storybrooke was a clean town in general, but sometimes people still refused to throw their garbage in a bin, like they were supposed to.

"I'm not the one who initiated sex later that evening. My attempts at flirting might not be working immediately, but later on people come crawling to me begging for more," I said. I wasn't saying anything even remotely close to the truth. I sucked at flirting and both Regina and I knew it. She seemed to find it amusing, though.

"You're funny, Emma," Regina said. She stopped walking and grabbed my hands tighter. She kissed me deeply and inhaled contently. "And I'm looking forward to our second date."

~~~~~

"How was it?!" It was as though everyone had gathered together and lined up to ask me this question. I'd managed to avoid any questions the first hours of the day, but I couldn't ignore my colleagues during lunch break.

Ruby seemed the least interested of all, because I'd already told her everything over the phone, yesterday. "Tell us everything!" Ariel squealed and I feared she might spill her coffee all over the floor, the way she was tensing.

"It was great," I said as I plopped down on the couch. "She's really sweet and I like her. I really enjoyed myself."

Ariel clearly wanted to hear more and so did the others.