16

-Lea's POV-

We are a family and if you're a family, you'll do anything to protect it, right? Maybe it's time that I should do something that will make my family whole again.

I picked up my work phone and messaged every executive that I will conduct a meeting later at 4 pm. After, I went to Stella who is still fast asleep. I kissed her forehead which made her shift her position. Seeing her peacefully sleep made me smile, she looks like an angel.

The next thing I did is to go to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. Manang was already there so I do not have any more problems with food.

"Saan si Stella, Lea?"

"Still sleeping, manang. I didn't wake her up dahil mukhang masarap po ang sleep niya. One more thing po, isasama ko po siya sa meeting later." I explained while Manang places my food in front of me. "Salamat po."

I saw manang pull a chair beside me and sat on it. "Ikaw ba? Nakatulog ka ba nang maayos?" I smiled at her and shook my head.

"Bakit naman? Hindi ba napanatag ang loob mo na alam na ni Alex ang lahat at mabubuo na ang pamilya mo?"

"It's not that, manang. It's just that I can feel that more problems will come now that I will put everything back in its original place."

"Edi dapat tatagan mo ang loob mo lalo. Para sa pamilya mo, Lea." Manang tapped my shoulders as she made her way back to the kitchen. "O siya, kumain ka na diyan at andyan na ang anak mo. Huwag ka na tumayo at ako na ang maghanda ng pagkain niya."

"Thank you, manang."

"Mommy..." Stella called me and I replied with a sweet hum.

"Come here, baby. What do you want?" I tapped the seat beside me and she occupied it.

"Anything will do. By the way mommy, when are we going to see daddy again?" I put down my utensils as I look at her.

"Well, you could see him later only if you'll go with me sa office. Do you want to come with me?"

Her face automatically lit up upon hearing what I just said. "Yes, I would like to!" She exclaimed in excitement. I pinched her cheeks lightly because I can't take her cuteness anymore.

"Alright! We'll go there at 4, okay? So, be ready."

-------------

-Third Person-

Lea and Stella arrived at their destination at exactly 4 pm. They were delayed due to the unending Manila heavy traffic. Before stepping down from their car, she heaved a deep sigh as this is the sign of the start of the battle.

Upon entering the building, she was immediately greeted by her staff with all smiles. They all know that the corporation will now return to its normal business, now that their chairman is finally back.

Hand in hand, Stella, and Lea made their way to the elevator. "Babe, I'm going to leave you sa office muna, okay? You can see daddy after the adult's meeting, would that be alright?"

"Yes, mommy." Her daughter answered innocently. When the elevator sound was heard, they both stepped out and went to her former office, the chairman's office. She input the code to the door and let Stella in and before completely leaving her there, she kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Don't worry, Stella, ate Hanna will be here any minute. She'll accompany you, okay?" Stella nodded again. "Meanwhile, you can just play with your---"

"Ma'am Lea!" Hanna called, obviously gasping for air.