Chapter 4: love does not boast

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, she doesn't care," Cadmus suddenly laughed so that some of his friends also laughed.

Cadmus introduced me to his friends. They are kind. When they compliment me, I compliment them back so I won't get cursed. Superstition of the elders, isn't it?

"We'll get going now, we have a dinner date." Cadmus waved to his friends.

"Kiss! Kiss!" His friends shouted. Cadmus looked at me as if asking for permission.

I didn't know what to do so I couldn't answer right away. I was surprised when he brought his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes to feel his kiss on me but I didn't feel it on my lips but on my forehead.

He kissed me on the forehead!

"Do it on the lips!" His friends are still laughing.

When I opened my eyes, I saw his eyes looking at me seriously before he brought his face closer to mine and kissed me. But now, on the nose.

"Huh! Stop this! I feel bitter." Dale glowered like a woman as their friends laughed and clapped. "When do you plan to get married? Don't tell me you're embarrassed. Every week, someone gets married to us. Sometimes every month."

"We're still enjoying life." Cadmus replied. "Goodbye, we'll go ahead now."

We were just getting into the car when he suddenly spoke. "I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable..." He bowed. "I will tell my friends and dad not to do that again, I promise. I'm really sorry, Erin..." I laughed because her head was leaning on my shoulder now. "I'm a gatekeeper and I want to gatekeep you but you deserve to be bragged. I'm so lucky that you accepted my offer."

"Hey... We've only been together in the mansion for a few days. There's a lot more to happen and it's just a small thing so it's okay." I replied rubbing his back.

"I'm really sorry, sweetheart..." he said sweetly over and over again.

We ended up on a bridge where there wasn't much traffic. From here I can see the city lights. He drinks root beer because he is not allowed to get drunk. He will drive. I'm the only one who drinks alcohol. We were just talking about our plan and what to do next.

"Do you think it's possible for this to be real, Erin?"

I finished drinking a can of beer before I looked at him. "'This' what?"

"This. Our relationship, I mean..."

"What?" I said laughing. I never imagined that. I'm not ready for a relationship---commitments. Even the love of others, I don't know if I can accept it...

Maybe he thinks that I like him because he is a gentleman? Huh? No! I will never like you even if he tears gold from his right eye and blood from his left eye.

"Don't worry... That's not possible to happen." I smiled. "Besides, if we start to like each other, both of our plans will be ruined."

"In what way? I think it's really helpful because we don't need to pretend anymore..."

"No... Everything will just get complicated."

"In what way, Erin? Tell me."

"We'll start to catch feelings and..." I threw the can of beer into the water. I know it's bad but I want to vent now. I won't do that again. "We'll get hurt again."

"How sure are you?"

"I'm sure." I looked at him. "I'm sure this will hurt more. Let's stamp that on our minds. Let's not catch feelings, it will only hurt both of us."

--------

"Good morning, Sister Erin!" When I opened my eyes, Cadesia was the first thing I saw. She smiled so wide at me. I rolled over in my bed before closing my eyes. What time is it? I can already feel the hot steam of the air outside.