15

"I'm sorry..." Kara's voice played on repeat inside Noelle's mind. She couldn't help but to think about. It had been a little over a month since the incident and it remained on replay. After the car accident, she obsessed about the person who caused the accidents. Countless hours spent trying to remember the face of the driver; just for them to be the side piece of Anthony.

"Noelle?" The sound of Eddie's voice knocked her out of her thoughts.

"I'm sorry"She said, bringing herself back to reality. The couple was Christmas shopping for Christopher. Eddie asked her to come for the company.

"Everything okay?" He asks, stopping the two in their tracks.

Noelle nods, "Yeah, I'm fine." She quickly browsed shelves and grabbed a zero gravity car. "Found the car."

"Yeah.."Eddie looked at Noelle. Since getting kidnapped, something had been bothering her. She never disclosed the full story behind the woman and he didn't ask; thinking she wanted to move on.

"Eddie, I swear I'm fine." Noelle said, pulling him in close. She gently pressed her lips against his then smiles.

"Think this is the one he wanted?" Eddie asking, looking at the box.

"That's the one the kids are talking about." She said.

Eddie chuckles, "What else are the kids talking about?"

"Legos are huge with the boys. They are actually pretty cool once you find a set you like."

"We need to get you some adult friends ."

Noelle playfully hits his chest, "You're so funny. For your information, I have plenty of adult friends."

"If you say so," He teased guiding her waist to the register. "I just feel bad that I have to work on Christmas. Last Christmas was a special one for him."

Noelle frowns, "This one is harder?"

"I just want this Christmas to be special for him too."

"Pepa and your Abuela will make sure it is. In the meantime, just give as much Christmas spirit as you can. You are a single father , who'd rather spend Christmas but just so happens to have to work; not a man who blatantly refuses to be with or provide for their kid at all."

"You're right."

"Besides hanging out with kids, I get to also hang out with their parents. Trust me Eddie, you're doing just fine." Noelle assures. "But I have been thinking about wanting to tell people about us."

"Why's that?"

"I'm tired of lying and hiding who I'm seeing. Look at you, who wouldn't want to show you off?" She answers, making Eddie laugh.

"I just don't know if Im ready to tell my family." He said.

"That's fine. I'm not exactly ready to tell my mom yet either. We can just tell our close friends and Christopher."

"I'm not ready to tell him either." He said placing his item onto the counter.

"Eddie-"

"I'm not telling him. You aren't a parent so you're not gonna understand." He snaps at her.

"I'm sorry..." there it was again in the forefront of her thoughts. Flashbacks of the accident and that night happening like fireworks.

"You're right, and I'm gonna go."

"Noell-"

"I'll take an Uber home." She said, before walking out of the store.

••••••••••••