CHAPTER 26

The next day, I left my room as soon as I finished breakfast to see Prince Heinley. I couldn't visit his room, but I would likely run into him around the southern palace.

I need to ask him about Queen or perhaps check up on him

However, as soon as I left the palace, I discovered Prince Heinley leaning against a pillar and staring at the building.

"Prince Heinley."

He turned to me, omitting the greeting bow and immediately speaking.

"I didn't give you a proper answer last time.Queen never,ever eats anything thats alive"

"Then should I have the insects cooked?"

"No.He doesn't eat insects at all"

"He doesn't like insects?Then what should I feed him?"

"Just give him a gentle pat on the head. That's good enough for him."

I made a skeptical expression, and he looked at me imploringly.

"Im sorry,but the birds of the Western Empire are picky eaters..."

"That's quite alright. I did hear that in some cases,some people train birds to only accept food from their owner "

"That's not the case here...but I'm sorry nonetheless."

He sighed and raked his hand through his blond hair.

"It's just that...Queen has a lot of restrictions "

I might as well back down on this one.It is my fault for making fun of him.Im probably putting him in a tight spot

"Anyway,it's my Queen's birthday soon, isn't it?"

"It's Queen's birthday?"

Prince Heinley burst out laughing, then corrected himself.

"Your majesty's birthday is coming up soon,isn't it?"

"You knew?"

"Ofcourse,since I am your majesty's closest friend.The reason I stayed behind even after the ceremony was over was because I wanted to spend that day with you.Didnt you realize? "

Before I could answer, I heard a rustling sound. Instead of answering Prince Heinley, I looked around and spotted someone I didn't want to see.

It was the bastard. Other than a single knight, he was walking alone. The asshole's gaze landed on me and Prince Heinley.

"Empress."

The prick called out to me in a stern voice and frowned.

"Were you spending time with him?"

"Yes.Obviously"

I offered him the bluntest reply, and the crease on his forehead grew deeper.

"Prince Heinley. How long do you plan to stay here?"

Prince Heinley replied with a broad smile, even though he had an argument with the buffon only a few days ago.

"I was thinking of staying for another two to three weeks, your majesty."

"Isn't that a long time to be away? I heard that the Emperor is in poor health."

"Thank you for your concern."

Prince Heinley responded with a simple smile and said nothing more. A strained silence reigned over the group.

I didn't bother to excuse myself as I turned around to leave

"Wait.Id like you to stay.There's something I would like to discuss with you in private "

The Cunt held out his arm for me to take.

The audacity...

When I looked at Prince Heinley, I saw his lips were pressed tight, as if he wished I wouldn't follow the jackass

I looked at the garbage infront of me and looked at him boredly

"Are you going to complain about me being friends with Prince Heinley...again?"

I emphasized the again to tell him he's already done that before and I'm sick of it.

And it's true.

"Again...what are you-"

I cut him off before he could say anything

"Have you forgotten what you did to the prince just a few days ago?Can't you see I am making amends for what you did?Prince Heinley is the successor to a powerful nation with extensive wealth and military power.We must maintain a peaceful relationship with them for the Empire's sake"

Prince Heinley looked at me all amazed and I smiled at him

"Your majesty,the Empress was showing me around.I don't see anything wrong with that"

The fuckstain glared at Heinley

"The Empress is my wife, not your guide"

I felt heavy and dark inside me

This motherfucker

Now he calls my empress his wife

I've already foreseen this but it just never fails to make my blood boil

I want to strangle this piece of shit

I didn't realize that I lost control of my expression and Heinley seemed to pick up on that.

"It seems my Queen has something to say to your majesty.I will resign to my chambers now"

Heinley bowed at us and took my hand while planting a kiss on the back of it

"Till next time,my Queen"

And so Heinley strode away from us and he turned his head around to give me a smile

Did he realize I wanted to hurt this imbecile that's infront of me and is supporting me?

I sighed and looked at him

"He's so understanding...that's why I can't help but compare you two"

The dipshit gritted his teeth

"Compare me?With that womanizer?"

I looked over at the scum and he was glaring daggers at me

That didn't faze me a bit

The bastard crossed his arms

"You might think the prince is cute because he acts like a puppy with a wagging tail,but associating with him will only lead to a scandal"

"A scandal?"

"Think how the royal family will look if a womanizer like him has a hold over the Empress of the Eastern Empire"

"The royal family's reputation won't be tarnished just because I treat him like a friend"

"You're not listening to me"

"If we're talking about the royal family's reputation anyways then should I remind you of what you did in front of the many distinguished guests over a cake?"

I glared at him to show my displeasure and he was startled by my words that he started stuttering

"T-that was-"

"Enough.You're being childish again.I don't think continuing this conversation will get us anywhere,so I will take my leave"

I turned around to leave

"Wait!"