CHAPTER 5

VANESSA P.O.V

This past few days has been really peaceful.No gossips or news about the garbage taking Rashta as his concubine,well It would be embarrassing if he did though.The word about Rashta being pregnant has already spread in the palace,in high society and to the commoners.They would never have a chance to think Rashta is a threat to me or gossip about me.

This results lifted my worries and doubts about the huge effect that move will do in this life.

I'm currently working on some paperwork in the office.I believe this is the moment where my empress is supposed to talk about not sending Rashta a gift.Well Im not gonna go through that because there is no concubine that will be taken.

I decided to take a break and called my ladies in waiting to have some tea and desserts.

The ladies were talking about the upcoming new years party until one of them addressed me

"By the way, Your Majesty…may I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

"Is the rumor true,your majesty?"

"Rumor?"

"That the prince from the western kingdom will be in attendance for this year's new years ceremony"

The ladies kept talking about how handsome the western prince is and the rumors about him.I didn't bother to listen as I already knew what they were talking about and the truth behind it.

"But in any case,is he really coming?"
The ladies asked me in excitement and in unison.

The faces of the ladies sparkled with anticipation as they look at me.

"I can't verify the truth of those rumors,but,yes,he is coming to this year's new years ceremony"

They squealed as they covered their faces or fanned themselves.

I smiled at their reactions as it is entertaining.

I was sipping my tea when a knock suddenly came from the door.

"Come in"

A male servant came inside bearing a chest and presented it to me.

"Your majesty,Grand duke Rylan Roth of Winchester sends his regards with a gift of the finest silks in all the eastern empire!"

I put down my tea cup and examine the item on the servant’s outstretched hands. It was a gorgeous blue silk cloth that shone like the scales of a cutlassfish.

The silk looked beautiful and expensive.

This is supposed to be where my empress rejects the gift considering the intentions of the sender.

But I'm not exactly a saint and I have no plans in doing so,that's why I'm taking this and plus maybe this uncle can help me torment that jackass.

"Tell the Grand Duke I am grateful for his regards and accept his gifts"

I heard the ladies behind me gasp at my response.They're used to seeing my empress reject such gifts but their not exactly with the empress they know.

The servant seemed to be shocked too as his eyes had widen from my response.

I made one of my ladies-in-waiting take the gifts and sent the servant back

It was better for me to take the gift as it would be given to Rashta if I didn't.

I can't let Rashta have any powerful connections in the palace.I know she's not a threat to me anymore but I still need to consider the possibility.

"Pardon the interruption,your majesty.But Lady Rashta wishes to see you"

Oh this meeting...

This is supposed to be the meeting where my empress congratulates Rashta for being a concubine and Rashta says their sisters.

I flinched so hard at that scene.I know she's naive but the audacity.

That living waste really deserves someone like her.

But that's not the case anymore.She's not a concubine nor does she have reasons to say we're sisters.

I wonder what she came here for?

"Let her in"

"Your majesty,it's so nice to see you again!It's me Rashta!"

Rashta greeted me with a bright smile as soon as she came in.

“What brings you here?”