Chapter 3: Jean's Biggest Fan

As the three men expected, they found Jean, Diluc, Venti, the Traveler, and Paimon standing in a circle in front of the counter of the Angel's Share.

"Wow! You were right, Bwaap!" said Amber in surprise. "Jean! I found more... strangers?"

Seeing Paimon in real life made Bwaap and Jake nearly burst out laughing, while Antony held a hand over his mouth to keep from chuckling.

"Oh! Are they like you, Traveler?" Paimon bobbed in the air, turning to them. Her voice was especially high-pitched in real life. "Hey! Do you know anything about his sister? Kinda looks like him, blonde?"

Bwaap had to bite his tongue hard in order not to start laughing out of nowhere. "Um, no?"

Jake couldn't help it and started randomly cracking up, waving his hand in front of him. "Don't mind me, just- uh, losing my mind here."

"Is he okay?" Diluc asked with a pointed look. "I don't think that's normal behavior. Unless he's drunk?"

Antony facepalmed hard while Bwaap couldn't hold it in and laughed at Diluc's words. "Nawh, he ain't drunk. Just... probably surprised at the little flying fairy."

"'Little flying fairy'? WHY YOU-" Paimon shrieked indignantly, stomping in the air. Antony banged his head on the nearby wall, interrupting Paimon's rant. Aether looked at Paimon almost piteously, which made her even angrier.

"Well, this is going splendidly!" chirped up Venti, pocketing away his lyre. "But I think Master Diluc over here was talking about infiltrating a Fatui hideout?"

"Shh," Jean said, and at the sound of her voice, Jake suddenly stopped laughing, realizing that his main was in the room and was probably thinking he was a lunatic. "Amber, could you pass a note to Lisa for me?"

Amber nodded, and Jean handed her a neatly folded piece of paper and Amber briskly left the tavern.

"Anyyyyways," Venti prompted. "What were we talking about?"

Paimon put on a short, somewhat adorable thinking expression. "Taking the Holy Lyre back from the Fatui!" She side-eyed Bwaap with angered cosmic-blue eyes. "And about these new outlanders. Who are you anyway?"

"I don't recognize them," Aether said quietly, cementing all three of the streamer's idea that the Traveler just... doesn't talk much.

Each of the three men introduced themselves, and Antony noticed he was yet again the only one without a vision. Though technically Venti's was fake, but he was the Anemo Archon, so he really couldn't talk.

"Well, Paimon's name is Paimon!" Paimon exclaimed, seeming to have completely forgotten Bwaap's past grievances.

"Yeah, got that," Bwaap muttered under his breath, brushing some of his hair out of his face.

"I'm Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. This is Master Diluc, owner of the Dawn Winery, and Venti, who's... just a bard," Jean explained, her form never slouched or lazy. She seemed alert at all times and had an almost regal aura.

"N- nice to meet you," Jake stuttered, adjusting his glasses.

"Just a bard?" Venti huffed with mock sadness. "I'm wounded by your words!"

"You are just a bard!" Paimon exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips as she jumped in the air with an annoyed expression.

Diluc scowled at them with disapproving glares. "Newcomers, do you plan on joining our... mission?"

Paimon abruptly cut in, her hands held out cautiously. "Wait wait wait, you're just asking them to come with us out of nowhere? Isn't where we're going dangerous and filled with Fatui?"