Chapter 2: Outrider Amber, Reporting for Duty!

A/N Art by: https://twitter.com/_MomokoAFK/status/1365476428091969541

"There's the Statue of the Seven," Antony noted, practically sprinting down the hill and sliding down a short cliff to run up to the edge of the lake. Jake followed shortly behind, though a bit more cautiously.

Both of them were amazed at the scenery of the game they would play for hours on end. Despite their good PCs, nothing could truly catch the beauty of Teyvat, the dew drops on each blade of grass, the intricate branches of the birch and fir trees, and the white foamy ripples in the water.

Antony halted at the lakeside, biting his lip with nervousness. "I guess we're getting all wet now," he grumbled, hesitating. Jake, on the other hand, just dived in and immediately started swimming to the little island in the middle of the pond, cueing Antony to curse under his breath and jump in after him.

To Antony's surprise, he got out of the water and Jake was already dry. "Why isn't Earth like this?" Jake complained, but he was grinning as he admired the Statue of the Seven.

Antony leaped out of the water, shaking his clothes dry, and in only a few moments, there was not a single droplet on his clothing or skin. "Okay, that's cool," he admitted.

Jake placed his hand at the etch of the four-pointed curved star, and a small spark of blue turquoise light flashed from the top of the statue, gliding downwards and latching on one of the drawstrings of his jacket in the form of a gleaming anemo vision. He gaped, amazed at the sparkling gem.

Antony ignored Jake's extremely smug expression and mimicked him, doing the exact same movement of putting his hand on the Statue of the Seven, to no results.

Antony felt his heart sink in disappointment, though Jake was cherishing his anemo vision, holding his hand over it as it glowed.

"Well, that's- um- unfortunate." Jake made a choking sound as he tried to act sympathetic. "Maybe in Liyue you'll get one."

Antony frowned, and only nodded in return, feeling a bit jealous that Jake had gotten a vision and he hadn't. "I just had a thought. Do you think we replaced the Traveler in this timeline?"

Jake tapped his chin with his pointer finger. He shook his head. "I don't think so."

"Why?"

"Well, for one-"

Jake got interrupted by an ear-splitting ROAR! that made both of them jump in sheer terror, fear coursing through their veins as their instincts immediately made them look up at the sky and see the all-too-familiar Stormterror soaring through the sky, its blue form all the more pretty and detailed in real life.

"Um, Jake?" Ant pointed up to the dragon that flew towards Mondstadt City, raising an eyebrow. "Unless I'm being dumb, that's not towards the forest where the Traveler met Venti."

"It isn't," Jake agreed, shielding his eyes from the sun with his hand as his eyes followed the dragon swooping in the sky. "Is that Stormterror before the Traveler fought it, or after?"

"We should head to Mondstadt, then," Antony concluded, a ponderous look on his face. He hesitated before diving back into the lake towards the city. The moment he got out of the water and had just gotten dry, he got splashed head-on by a giant wave of water.

"PFFFF- ahahaha!" Jake laughed, paddling out of the water with a humored expression. "Your face was priceless!"

Antony glowered at him, which only made Jake laugh harder. He dried pretty instantly, on the bright side.

They both looked off to the distance, where they noticed a young man and girl speaking.

"Is that... Amber?" Antony questioned, astonished and walking closer in disbelief.