𝗝𝗪𝗼𝘄𝘄 𝘃𝘀. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗹

Start from the beginning

Out of nowhere, Mike walked out of the kitchen with a huge sharp knife.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Trying to open up a coconut." Mike replied.

"Uh, why?"

"Why with a knife, Mike?" Paula asked him.

"I don't know how else we'll open it." He replied.

"What do you mean? You bang it on the floor." Paula told him, "Take a pot."

"A pot?"

"A heavy pot." Paula spoke.

"You're gonna end up cutting your finger off before you propose." Jenni joked.

"So what's up with you?" I asked Alex just as he put the phone down. If it was possible, he was smiling even bigger this time.

He turned to me. "Lacey's coming down here with Lauren."

"Really? That's great." Jenni smiled.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see her." I said with a grin.

After that, we went outside to see the boys try to open up that coconut.

Long story short, if we ever got stranded on an island, we're fucked.

• • •

The next morning, we make breakfast for Paula and Uncle Nino.

"Thank you so much for cooking. Thank you for cleaning." Nicole told Paula when all of us were sat at the table eating.

"What a wonderful thing to come home to" Jenni spoke.

"That was like, the best." Deena added.

"Four hours, four hours." Paula chuckled.

"Uncle Nino, so since you have kids, and you've been through thirteen marriages, do you have any advice for me?" Ronnie asked him.

"I wouldn't say get parenting advice from Uncle Nino. He just met his son, like, yesterday." Vinny spoke, making all of us laugh.

"Ah, the modern family." Pauly teased.

After breakfast, we cleaned up while Paula pulled Ronnie aside.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Pauly whispered in my ear.

I gave him a look. "What do you think?"

"You think he's gonna spiral again?" Pauly asked me.

I shrugged, scrubbing a plate. "As much as I'd like to have hope and say no, you never know with Ronnie."

"That's true." Pauly laughed.

After cleaning, we gathered to say goodbye to Paula and Uncle Nino.

"Thank you for this." I said as Paula pulled me in for a hug. Then, I gave Uncle Nino a hug.

"Bye, family!" Nino said as him and Paula headed towards the front door.

"Bye!"

• • •

The next morning, we woke up and awaited the arrival of both Lauren and Lacey.

"Somebody's wives are coming today! Somebody's wives are coming today!" Pauly exclaimed.

"I'm exhausted," I spoke, rubbing my eye. I turned to Pauly. "Will you make me some coffee?"

Pauly jokingly groaned. "Oh, come on."

"Come on, you owe me anyway for bringing Angelina here."

Pauly looked at me in confusion. "I thought you weren't mad at that anymore.