Chapter 1 - Fight or Flight

Start from the beginning

I quickly turned around to have a better view at my opponent whilst still walking backward cautiously "(Did your father not teach you how to fight? A free shot and you still miss.)" Taunting him was my best option by far if I didn't want Jake to also be mad at me.

I'm at a clear disadvantage in this fight, 6'2" vs 8'2" and 210 lbs. vs ~400 lbs., very bad odds if my intuition of height and weight was right, but one thing I had up my imaginary sleeve was better reaction speed for some reason, even better than for example this idiot who still made fun of me, even after being scolded by my father multiple times about it. This small advantage was the only thing that kept my ability to survive in tact for this long on this sometimes-horrid planet.

"(Keep running, I will eventually catch you, like I always do!)" Sure, you did. My father caught you, not you me, and I thought Na'vi were supposed to be smarter than humans. I guess everything has exceptions.

"(What is the meaning of this?)" A stern voice said from behind me. The sixth ever Toruk Makto stepped beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. Immediately a feeling of superiority came over me as if every insult I ever heard just disappeared from my memory. My adoptive Father towered over the warrior in front of him with his 8'11". "(I hope you have a good explanation for fighting my son-in-law.)" Now the other one barely got his words out.

"(No, sir.)" Looking around the nearby platforms I saw many more Omatikayans looking at the commotion, some of them disappointed in the Na'vi teenager. He seems to be even more disliked than me.

"(I will let you go this time, but the next time I see you doing things like this, especially with the war going on out there, it will have severe consequences. Now, apologize.)" He didn't leave room for arguing. I knew my attacker would never do so on his own, but I guess my father being Olo'eyktan can sway him otherwise. He sighed and looked at me.

"(I'm sorry for attacking you.)"

"(Apology accepted.)" I still sensed his brewing hatred for me in his eyes as he gave me knowing glance. Jake of course didn't see this and so continued his talking.

"(See it wasn't that hard, now get back to training or make yourself useful otherwise!)" The long-haired teenager looked back at him.

"(Yes sir!)" Was his answer before turning and leaving. With this everyone went on their way again and so after a little bit only I and Jake were left in the close vicinity. He turned towards me, me doing the same, kneeled, so we were on the same level and began speaking with his still serious, but somehow softer tone. "What did you do this time?" I loved it when he talked in his mother-language, as he had always made sure I would master it. He seemed to always give me a chance, even when no one would, well almost no one, he always believed in me.

"Nothing, he pushed me and got mad that I didn't leave without saying something." He somehow exactly knew what went on a few minutes ago, reading my stoic face like an open book.

"You know what I told you, try to keep that in mind."

"I was staying away from him, I swear!" that smile told me everything. He didn't believe me.

"I'm sure you were, just stay out of trouble and especially fights you can't win." He said half-jokingly, half serious.

"But I'm not a little weak child anymore dad!" He sighed, nodded and padded me on my shoulder.

"Sure, you are." And with this he stood back up and went away, probably to plan a new mission or something, since the last few ones went so great. I hated being treated like a weakling by everyone, even my dad, every day I wanted to show him how strong I was, to just let go and show everyone who treated me wrong how I was superior, how I was smarter, how I was quicker, how I was better, better than any one of these coward humans hiding in their stinking, ugly, loud base they call 'Bridgehead City', just because I wasn't blue, had a tail or had the Kuru to form the Tsaheylu with Ikrans or Pa'li. I would sh-