Chapter 5: Sakura and Sato

Start from the beginning

You leaned in closer to the purple-haired girl, your voice laced with a tinge of anger as you demanded more answers. "What happened? Did she tell you what demon he had fought?!" You shouted, your fists clenched tightly as you thought of Sato. You wanted revenge for his death, and you were determined to find the demon responsible and make them pay.

Yuri shook her head, and Haruka quickly reacted by pulling you away. "Oi, brat! You're making her feel uncomfortable!" Haruka shouted, and lightly bonked your head in an attempt to calm you down. You gave Haruka a glare in response.

You slowly turned your head to face Yuri, your expression filled with guilt. "Sorry Yuri..." you uttered apologetically. She gave you a soft, understanding smile in response. "It's okay, Y/n," she reassured you, her voice as always, was gentle and kind.

Sora gave your head a pat, "Y/n, it's been a long day, and I think it's time for you to rest. Yuri and I still have an overnight mission to finish." She gave a weary sigh, obviously exhausted from all the midnight missions she had to do.

You felt yourself sulking a little bit, before nodding and leaving the three alone.

As you strolled down the chilly, deserted hallways, your mind was abuzz with all the unanswered questions you had. Was Sato really gone? If so, how could you still feel his presence? How could you touch him physically?

Although yet again, it explains why he was stronger than you and faster. Oh and also how he disappeared from your grasp!

You were shocked at the fact that you managed to cut the tree, but never realized that Sato disappeared from your grasp.

Sometimes you could be an idiot...

With a loud, satisfying yawn, you slide open the door to your room and step inside. You take a moment to stretch out your limbs before collapsing onto your bed. You can feel your eyes beginning to close, but before you can drift off to sleep, the door suddenly slides open again!

You let out an exasperated groan and got up to see Haruka standing there, lantern in her hand. "Haruka? What are you doing here at this hour?" You asked with a hint of amusement in your voice.

The black-haired girl blushed and made her way towards you, her voice soft and uncertain as she uttered, "I... wanna sleep with you." You felt your face heat up, and you tried to keep your tone light as you replied, "With me? Uhm... don't you have a bed?"

Haruka irked a little bit, "I know I do, rat. It's just that you probably feel lonely, especially after what happened between you and master." You deadpanned at the girl, before sighing in resignation. "Ok, I guess you can sleep next to me..." You said, not caring about anything at this point due to the fact that you were so exhausted.

Haruka then laid down next to you, and you felt your cheeks flush as you realized how close the two of you were. Fortunately, she had her back to you, so you were able to hide your embarrassment.

The atmosphere between the two of you was uncomfortable and tense, but eventually you both drifted off to sleep.

--Timeskip--

It's been a few weeks since Sakura and you had that big argument. You can't help but feel a little guilty, and a little scared that she might hate you forever. You've been looking for her, but haven't been able to find her. Maybe it's for the best - at least that's what you're telling yourself to make yourself feel better.

You had made the decision to take a leisurely stroll through the village. It had been quite some time since you had visited the Sami village, which had been your home for a considerable period of time. As you walked, you were filled with nostalgia and fond memories of your time spent in the village. Especially working here.