Capítulo 1

With the terrible Fire Lord Zarkon dead, peace found a fertile place to flourish. Freed from the terror and hatred of their former master, the people of the Fire Nation were optimistic about the future. However, curiously, the mood of the young Fire Lord Lotor was not keeping up with such enthusiasm. In fact, it was difficult to deduce what Lotor was thinking or feeling. Although he has always been known for his unhappiness, apathetic and distant behavior was a worrying novelty.

Many possible explanations circulated around the Palace: perhaps it was the delayed effects of the Princess of the Water Tribe's absence, the weight of new responsibilities or the conflicting feeling caused by the death of a cruel father. Whatever it was, they were sure to be a temporary disease.

They were wrong.

Avatar Keith was having lunch and doing business with Fire Lord Lotor. Throughout the conversation, Lotor seems calm and indifferent, two characteristics atypical for the boy Keith had grown up with. The pair of employees confirms the suspicion, they watched their master in anxious silence.

No patience to discretion, the Avatar drop:

"Did you hear that Allura is getting married?"

The employees widened eyes while the Avatar waited, intently, for Lotor's reaction. He raised his glass, staring at the plate. But his expression remained intact, no sign of protest left his body.

"It is worse than I imagined!" Keith was suprised. Lotor asked him with a look. "Doesn't that information affect you?"

"Well ... I have no rights to the Princess's heart." Lotor did not change his tone, as if he were reporting a fact.

"It's a lie- I mean, the wedding. There is no wedding." Keith waited for signs of relief, but nothing came.

"And why did you say that to me?"

"To confirm your condition. You really aren't doing well!" Keith continued, very concerned. "This apathy and indifference even in these matters! It seems that you don't have emotions anymore."

"I'm fine," Lotor said simply. "All the doctors you sent here found nothing."

"But there is something wrong with you." Keith changed his tone, there seemed to be a little guilt in his voice. "That's why I and the Council of Marmora decided to send you to be treated... at the Water Tribe."

"..."

"I sent a letter to Princess Allura informing her about your condition." Keith spoke without remorse.

"You shouldn't have disturbed her," Lotor chided, looking down.

"She was already worried." Keith defended himself. "After all, you didn't answer her letters."

"I have nothing to say to her"

"Lotor, look, if there is a problem between you ..." Keith was getting embarrassed by this type of conversation.

"There is nothing between us"

"Even if there is, don't do what you always do. Talk to her." His tone was a little affectionate. "Speak everything you've been saving, however painful it may be."

The trip was too fast for Lotor assess his annoyance or lack of feeling.

He didn't have time to think what to say to convince Allura that there was nothing wrong with him or to come up with a polite excuse for all those ignored letters. He brought them, but preferred to spend the afternoon in the company of documents and all the formalities that a man in his position had to take care of.