Chapter 7: Intruder

Rue ran down the hallway, removing her heels as she chased down Daniela. She knew she shouldn't worry too much since the three daughters were definitely more than capable, but she still couldn't sake this uneasy feeling. It was this feeling of dread she just couldn't ignore no matter how hard she tried.

Stopping for a moment, she placed her hands on her knees, panting heavily. She looked up for a moment when she heard the sound of people running. Coming towards her was Dina carrying a maid she didn't recognize. There was a deep gash on the maids thigh, blood trailing behind them.

''Rue, get out of here! There's an intruder in the Castle.'' Dina said, moving past her quickly while grabbing the girl's wrist. She tried to get her to follow, but Rue wrestled her arm out of her grasp.

''What about the daughters? They may need help.'' Rue said, looking down at the blood trail.

''Those three can take care of themselves.'' Dina dismissed, looking to the girl she was helping. Her eyes were beginning to close due to the blood loss. The maid lightly smacked her face, jolting her back awake.

''I know, I just want to make sure. I promise, I'll be safe.'' she said. Before Dina could even begin to protest, Rue ran off, following the trail of blood down the elegant hallways. She had to assume she was getting closer since, very faintly, she could hear buzzing flies and the daughters giggles getting louder and louder.

Finally, she managed to reach the daughters. The room was filled with paintings of landscapes and people with a large window on one side of the room. All three of the daughters were there. Bela didn't have her hood up and was protectively holding onto a maid that she recognized. If she remembered correctly, her name was Sora. The two of them had never spoken but did pass each other in the hallway a handful of times. She had beautiful fiery red hair tied in a braid and pale green eyes.

Cassandra was standing menacingly behind Daniela. who was all giggles and smiles as she approached the intruder in front of them. He had messy, light brown hair and angry blue eyes. His shirt was crumpled and his pants ripped. As soon as she had entered the room, his eyes had flicked to her for a moment before going to Sora.

''Why would you want her? When you can have me? I'm right here for you to give your love to.'' Daniela giggled in a seductive tone. He just ignored her and glare at Sora, who was shaking violently against Bela, pushing herself further into the blonde and gripping onto her tightly. When he tried to step closer, Daniela stepped in front of him with Cassandra beginning to circle him.

''You can play hard-to-get if you want, everyone falls for me eventually.'' Daniela cooed.

''No thanks. Even if Sora is a stupid whore, she's still going to be my fucking wife! Her parents gave her to me! She's mine!" he spat, pulling out a knife. Rue looked over at Sora, who was shaking her head, eyes wide and starting to cry. The man rolled his eyes in response. ''And again with the fucking tears. If you don't stop fucking crying, maybe I won't have to hit you so hard again.''

That immediately sent Bela at him. She grabbed the collar of his shirt, violently, throwing him to the ground. Before he could recover, Cassandra's sickle stuck into his leg tried to drag him away from the window. He screamed in agony before trying to stab Cassandra, but the blade just fazed through her as he managed to get the sickle out of his leg. He stood quickly as the girl began to approach him menacingly. The intruder grabbed a stood before throwing it at the daughter with as much strength as he could muster. The girls simply dodge it and the chair banged against the window, causing it to crack heavily. All three girls turned around, looking at the window with fear. They watched as the cracks began to cover the entire window. When the cracks finally stopped, everything was silent for a second before the glass completely shattered and the cold winter air flooded the room.