Kyawo rolled her eyes "boy just because I declined you about the class thing, didn't mean I don't wanna talk to you."

"Ah okay ma you gotta let me know that then, so what you working on?" He asked messing with the strings on his hoodie and looking into the camera.

"some history"

"Let me help you with it" he said looking at her and looking around checking his surroundings.

"No thank you, watchu know bout history?"

"Everything kyawo" Darius said with a laugh, making Kyawo give him a blank stare because she didn't find it funny.

"Nah but you think you gone be done in time? I wanna see you"

"how you gone see me?" She asked now putting her pencil down raising her eyebrows

"I can come scoop you up and we could talk and shit I'm tryna get to know you, you cool with that?"

"I'm cool with that, just let me finish this up I should be done no later than ten minutes"

"Alright lil lady, make sure you send me the addy too"

     She nodded at him through the phone screen before hanging up. Finishing her work, she texted him the address and got up to get ready. She didn't want to dress up too much, so she just slicked her hair back into a low bun and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a long black shirt.

    Checking her phone, she read that he was outside. She began to feel nervous; she hadn't hung out with a boy alone in a long time. She couldn't remember the last time she spent time alone with a boy other than her little fling, Rema, who was also her best friend at the time.

    Picking up her phone, she grabbed her wallet bag that she carried everywhere with her. She headed downstairs and, to her surprise, saw Othay in the kitchen. He was always in his room around this time.

"Where you going?" he asked her, putting a grape in his mouth.

   " out real quick."

"Out with who?" he asked, getting all up in her business. His sister didn't go out, so he found it funny that she was about to go out at this very moment.

"Darius."

"Ah shit, With a boy? Oh, I can't wait to tell Mama this." He said getting a little excited at the fact she was about to get out the house and actually hangout.

"Go ahead and enjoy yourself, but make sure you send me that location."

     She shook her head at him. Othay always acted as if he were the older sibling. She thought it was because he was the brother, but it was that and the fact that he just loved his sister so much and always wanted her to be safe.

"I will, and you always act like you're somebody's daddy. Pipe down," Kyawo laughed, walking towards the door and opening it to see Darius standing by his car in the driveway.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Go have fun," Othay said to her as he kissed her on the forehead and playfully pushed her out the door. He nodded his head at Darius, and Darius nodded back at him before Othay closed the door.