Chapter Six

Mulai dari awal

"Guys, what's wrong?" he asked,

"We heard about your Aunt Peter." Kate responded, "I'm sorry Pete." she whispered.

"Oh..." he replied softly, his smile slightly faltering before he plastered it back on, not wanting to show them or Penny how much he was hurting at the moment.

"We wanted to say we are so sorry and that we are here for you if you need us." Pietro announced the jokester, for once, being completely serious with the younger boy.

"Thanks you guys, but that's not the news I had for you." he replied, grinning slightly.

"Oh?.... Then what is your big news Peter?" Wanda questioned, slightly crossing her arms over her chest.

"This..." Peter replied as he stepped to the side, revealing Penny, who had been standing behind him for the entirety of the conversation.

"Is this her?' Wanda asked, her eyes immediately flitting over to the small teenager that had been revealed to the group.

"Is that Penny?" Kate asked excitedly, it was no secret that she'd always wanted to meet Peter's younger sister; the teenager had practically declared that they'd be best friends if they ever met.

"Yes it is," Peter turned to Penny who was shifting back and forth on her feet, looking like she wanted to hide behind him, "go on princess introduce yourself." he whispered, nudging her slightly towards the group.

"H-Hi everyone..." she shyly greeted, looking down at her feet.

Wanda and Kate ran over to her, hugging her tightly as they welcomed her to the compound. Penny stood there frozen between the two girls' embraces, not knowing what to do, she stared over at her brother who was a few feet away from her, her large, brown, doe eyes, wide.

"P-Pete?" she called.

Peter turned around from talking to Pietro who was asking him how everything was going and looked at two of his best friends and his sister. "Guys, don't squeeze her to death." he replied, laughing slightly, not quite yet noticing his sister's discomfort.

"When did you get here?" Kate asked, she was still latched onto the younger teenager, hugging her while firing rapid questions at her.

"How old are you?" Wanda asked as well, she'd let go of the teenager, but was still talking to her while she stood in front of her.

Penny stood between them not knowing what to say as they both rapidly fired questions at her, she felt her ears grow hot and the voices become muddled as she felt like she was starting to suffocate again, her chest growing tight. After a few minutes, she started picking at her fingernails as she started to get overwhelmed by all the questions, not knowing which ones to answer and which girl to answer first. Peter noticed her picking at her fingernails and realized that everything was starting to become overwhelming, he could hear her wheezing breaths starting to become shallow and closer together, realizing that she was about to start panicking again. He quickly walked over to her and knelt down to where he could look her in the eyes, making her look at him when he reached over and touched the back of her hand.

"You okay Princess?" he asked her.

Wanda and Kate looked over to the girl next to them and realized they were asking too much, both immediately stopping their questions and Kate let go of the teenager, backing up slightly.