02. White Shirt Memorabilia

Start from the beginning

My hands curl into fists as I walk towards the barn. I see Evelyn sitting upstairs where the hay bales are stacked.

An idea suddenly enters my mind. This is just too perfect. Let's see how Mason likes it when his little girlfriend gets taken away from him.

Revenge is oh so sweet.

~Evelyn~

Finally, after holding my breath for what seems like an eternity, I release the pressure I had put on my legs and took deep breaths. The tingling sensation was gone. Thank goodness.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I waited in anticipation as a mop of dark brown hair and broad shoulders make their way to me. Studying the figure, I realise it wasn't Mason, it was his older brother Jake.

Jake absolutely hates Mason because he stole his date for homecoming. Only because he knew what Jake had intended to do with her. She was one of the most popular girls at school but she wasn't plastic or rude, she was sweet and caring. She helped me out on my first day and she saved a kid from being pushed down the stairwell at school.

Mason couldn't bear to see someone who deserves so much more get hurt. That boy's heart is bigger than his ego and I respect him for that.

With my book in hand, I stood up and walk towards the tall figure 3 metres in front of me. Something was off about him. There's something on his mind and I can tell it wasn't exactly what one might call "nice".

As I stop in front of him, I could feel his eyes on me, it gave me the chills. "Umm. I'm guessing they told you to come fetch me?" I plaster a smile as I look up. His eyes were usually an aquatic colour but right now, they were dark blue. This is not good.

He just nodded, his eyes still trained on me. My heartbeat was picking up speed, the palms of my hand were getting sweaty and I could feel fear and adrenaline pumping through my veins. My body only told me one thing; Run.

"U-umm.. Lets just go back inside, they're probably waiting for us" I stutter. He shook his head and chuckled. "Do I make you nervous?" His lips curled to smirk as he pointed to my shaking hand.

I quickly place my hand behind my back "In your dreams!" I put up a front as he laughed. "Trust me sweetheart, I can make all of my dreams into a reality" his gaze darkened as he pulled me close. He grabbed my chin and leaned in for a kiss.

Just as his lips were barely touching mine, I put both my hands on my book and whack him straight across the face. He crashed onto the wooden floorboard, causing the loose boards to wobble.

"F@!?ing B$@?%!!" He cursed as he got up. I turn my heel and walk towards the staircase, suddenly a strong hand grabbed my arm, it hurt. "You're not getting away that easy" he said in a rough voice as he threw me onto the stack of hay bales.

He placed himself on top of me as his strong hands ripped apart my blue checkered button up shirt, sending the buttons to fly everywhere.

I pound on his chest but to no avail, he grabs my arms and pins them to each side as he sloppily kissed my neck.

"Get off of me you pig!" I shout as I lift my foot and kick him in balls. Oh, did I mention I was wearing my combat boots?

"F?&@!" Jake groaned in pain and clutched his thing as if to soothe it. Without thought, I smash my right elbow into his right cheek. The sudden movement cause him to fall of the ledge and into the wheelbarrow below.

Soft landing.

Immediately, my body took control. My killer instinct took over my sense of morality.

I shot up and my legs moved at a quick pace. Speeding down the stairs, I spot a machete still in its sheath which was dangling on a nail. I pulled it out and speed-walked towards the writhing Jake.

As soon as I was about 1 metre and a half in front of him I put both hands on the machete and raised it above my head, I inch my way closer and closer to Jake who was sitting in the wheelbarrow in horror.

Just as I was about to strike, I was pulled into a familiar warmth. Then, Mason's loving voice filled my ears "Put it down"

Refusing to listen, my hands tightened their grip on the machete as my eyes focused on Jake. Mason wrapped his arms around my waist and tightened his hold on me. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Evelyn Rose Chandler, put it down" his voice was stern but it still had a hint of softness in it. Immediately my body weakened. The machete fell from my hands and made a muffled noise as it landed on the hay-embedded ground.

My arms made their way from their awkward stillness on the top of my head to wrapping themselves around his neck. I nuzzled into his chest as he held me tighter.

He turned his face to his traumatised brother. His jaw was clenched. "Get out". Jake just sat still. He was too horrified to move. Irritated, Mason's voice quickly turned into a yell, causing me to jump "I said get the f!@? Out!"

And from the corner of my eye I could see Jake running off. Just before he opened the front door, he turned around and looked at me in disgust. "You're girlfriend is a freak!" He nastily remarked as his skinny figure disappeared into the house.

Mason sighed as he turned his attention back to me "Are you okay?" He asked as he affectionately rubbed my back. The motion instantly calming my nerves.

I shook my head "He tried to rape me". Tears filled my eyes as I looked up into Mason's jade greens. His eyes were full of pity and sorrow. He knows why I pulled out that machete.

He looked down at my torn shirt and my exposed chest. "Here-" he quickly took off his plain white t-shirt and handed it to me.

I blushed as I looked down at the soft material in my hand. Mason was always there for me. No matter what. He's saved me so many times I just don't know how I'll ever pay him back. He's just done so much for me. It's a lot more than I deserve.

"Hey" he gently grabbed my chin and smiled down at me "Just put it on, I have other shirts in my room."

I pursed my lips and looked down "Uh.. Can you... Like... Umm..." I started fiddling the T-shirt and raising it slightly to cover my chest.

I could sense Mason's cheeks go red as he quickly realised what I meant "Oh yes, of course. Im sorry" he quickly turned to faced the other way.

I let my now-buttonless shirt slide off my arms and put on my Mason's shirt. It was massive and a bit loose on me, but it reeked of his scent.

"Y-you can turn around now" I stutter as I look down as my shoes. Mason turned and his lips curled into a big smile "You look amazingly adorable in my clothes."

I smiled back as I fiddled with the hem "Thanks". He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and held my hand "Let's go back inside, lunch is ready."

#AUTHOR#

Phew well that took FOREVER to write. But I'm glad I got it all down. Definitely worth it. I hope you enjoyed this extremely lengthy chapter.

Stay fabulous wattpad unicorns! Xx