Chapter 8: I'd Do Anything

Start from the beginning

"Wow, why didn't I think of that?" Alex says and the whole team and Mary look towards her.

"Alex" Greg warns quietly as he shakes his head.

"Joking" Alex advises as she then looks at Mary.

"How much money are we talking here?" Alex questions curiously.

"Typically, information from one card is worth ten, twenty dollars. Carson's been getting up to fifty. That difference is worth millions" Mary explains as she looks around at the team.

"Okay, so why the sudden move?" Eddie asks.

"Mr. Carson is stepping up to the next level. Meet the big fish -- Mark Griffin" Mary says as a picture of a different man appears on the screen next to Carson.

"Slippery fingers in every corner of data theft. Mr. Griffin is so impressed with Carson's product, he wants it all for himself. So they've agreed to a very rare face-to-face" Mary continues and Eddie looks at her questionably.

"Okay, let me ask you this. Who's the primary target? Is it Carson or is it Griffin?" Eddie questions as he gets up from his seat and walks towards the screen to look at the photos closer.

"Two birds with one stone. And the meet's in... Just under two hours" Mary explains, looking down at her watch.

"Oh we can handle any last-minute tac plans; Just tell us where" Greg advises and Mary quickly makes a picture of the top of a building appear on the screen.

"Subterranean Club, owned by Carson. Old shoe factory converted into a multi-level nightclub" Mary states quickly.

"Okay, how reliable is your intel here?" Eddie asks and Mary shows him a small smile.

"Very. We've got a CI inside close to Carson" Mary says and a picture of a blonde woman appears on the screen.

"Jackie Emery. We caught her skimming in the club a couple of months back. She explained to us that she loved him and stated that he changed her." Mary states.

"Wait a second. So she's in a relationship with this guy?" Alex questions curiously and Mary nods her head.

"You're sure we can trust her?" Eddie then asks.

"I had the same doubts, but she fed us good information, filling in a lot of gaps. And we wouldn't know about the Griffin meet without her" Mary advises calmly.

"Okay. How's it going down?" Greg asks.

"A face-to-face in the club's VIP lounge. Two entrances. The one from the back has two bouncers, one armed. We'll need to get to them before they can alert Carson" Mary states and Greg nods his head.

"It's Saturday night. There's gonna be a lot of civilians" Jules states.

"We've got that covered. Jackie's agreed to lock that door to the VIP lounge from inside the club" Mary says as she highlights a door on the club's blueprints.

"So we go in the back door, we got 'em trapped" Eddie says.

"And I don't want any chance of this spilling out into the club. So, Spike and Sam, you work from inside" Greg explains looking towards Spike and Sam.

"Plain club clothes?" Spike smiles.

"Just two guys out on the town, yeah" Greg snickers.

"Awe! Why do they get to have all the fun" Alex whines, jokingly.

"Don't worry. I still might have a plan for you and I. Also, we've got my people too," Mary laughs.

"Okay, your people need to stay invisible, till we are inside and secure" Eddie states seriously.