Believe it or Not

The next morning, Dreadwing and Carbine were sitting at the kitchen table, Carbine chewing on a few Mercury flavored energon treat sticks to try settling her tanks.

"This isn't making sense." She said pointing to energon storage logs. "Optimus could be trusted but Megatron... wouldn't trust him. Dirty Scraplet... The Axalon is waiting for me at Alpha Centauri and it's a week and a half away. But we barely have enough energon to make it past the heliopause."

Normally Dreadwing would have objected to Carbine talking about Megatron in that way. But now he was willing to agree. "I would prefer if we did not tell Prime at all."

"Agreed. Even if he's my brother, being sparked with a possible seeker." Carbine shook her helm. "I'd like to not have to answer his questions. We need to leave earth..."

Hotrod and Jetstorm tried to sneak by without their mother noticing.

"Hold it you two." Carbine snipped without looking up from her data pad. She pointed at two empty seats at the table "Sit. Now."

The two teens froze mid-step clearly spooked. The boys sat down at the table looking like deer in headlights.

"Where is Chip?" Carbine asked

"Iiiiin his room?" Hotrod answered

Carbine grunted and tabbed a key on the wall behind her helm. "Chip, urgent family meeting at the table sugar."

A minute later Chip wobbled into the kitchen sleepily and came to sit at the table next to his brothers.

Carbine placed the Data pad down on the table in front of her and folded her hands on the table. "Now that everyone is here. We can start."

The three boys looked at Dreadwing suspiciously. The older mech felt very awkward sitting there, but Carbine had insisted that he be part of this.

Carbine looked at the three young mechs and began speaking. "Now I have to start this with some apologies to make. I failed to keep you all updated on my personal status. Things weren't serious until last night when a series of unilateral decisions were made without input of opinions. Dreadwing is now part of this family unit."

Jetstorm glared at Dreadwing.

Those eyes.

Even though they were gold in color, those eyes unsettled the large seeker because they reminded him of Starscream somehow.

"Epp!" Carbine pointed at the younger seeker catching him about to open his mouth to say something snarky. "No. You can't try to chase him off. Dreadwing is... we are bonded. We're not dating. He's a permanent fixture in my life. You'll have to deal with it."

Jetstorm growled, his frame rattling with frustration. Even though he didn't look much like Starscream his mannerisms in that moment were very similar in his distinct and apparent displeasure.

"You mean I have a Dad now?" Chip asked, his little blue optics lighting up with curiosity.

Carbine looked at Dreadwing.

"Only if you want me to be. I will not force it and it is completely your choice." Dreadwing replied, speaking for the first time as he looked at each of the boys in turn. "I would prefer to be your friend, but if nothing else we should be civil for your mother's sake."

"Mom. Why did you go all shotgun wedding on us?" Hotrod demanded "a little warning would have been nice."

"Which is why I apologize. I am sorry for not giving you a warning. But due to specific circumstances being bonded is for the best." Carbine sighed, bracing herself "because we found out that I am sparked, and Dreadwing is the sire."