Chapter 3: Infighting

June 12, 2023: Southern sector of the Syspocalypstar Galaxy:

The Council of Syspocalypstar sat in the darkened room, watching clips and live videos of tens of thousands of people fleeing and running for their lives, all scared and horrified at the battles and bloodshed they had just witnessed. All the while the Council could only watch in terror at what they were seeing. The final video showed an image of the Axis flag rising over the Capital of Syspocalypstar, right on top of Queen Watevra's castle.

After the video finished, Batman spoke the first words of the meeting, trying to add flavor to his side.

"Our guys didn't do a bad job. They held out as long as they could, and almost kicked those Axis freaks to the curb. But now, it's time without shame, or dishonor, to admit we lost the war." He stated sadly to gain sympathy.

"What are you suggesting hunny bun?" Watevra started to Batman. "A ceasefire?"

"A ceasefire?" He scoffed, laughing a bit. "Heh, that's just a pause in fighting."

"What else then? Do we surrender?" Sweet spoke up, a bit angry.

Suddenly, Ice cream cone cut in. "Out of the question. Surrender places blame squarely on our army and military."

"The chiefs of staff run the war after all, so it's basically your guys' fault." Sweet said again.

"This is totally a political defeat. Yeah, I'm looking at you Wyldstyle." Batman pointed to Lucy. "The answers to the mistakes made by the Leaders following you all. You were there Mayhem!"

"That's wrong!" Sweet exclaimed, before Batman snapped back.

"Who turned down the Military budget? Who reduced bullet spendings? Who gave in to Hitler in München?! You! The Politicians!" He said in a raging fit.

"That's not true, and you know it!" Watevra worryingly yelled to her husband.

Sweet, wanting to defend her Queen, spoke back in a harsh tone. "We all voted to help your dumb ideas, even though I don't know why! We built the Wanabi line! And thanks to that, the Axis are in the Capital of our Galaxy!"

"Oh please!" Batman began again. "You didn't think hard enough about the risks. Think about how you all tricked yourselves into doing so many dumb things! Now poor and innocent people have to pay for what you all did!"

"I must remind you, your Majesty," One of Batman's supporters spoke to the group. "Surrender would mean the complete withdrawal of our Star Cruisers and Galactic Fleet. You might therefore be helping the Axis build the most powerful fleet the Universe has ever seen."

"We can't allow that to happen. The only alternative to this task is Armistice, without delay."

"Ice cream cone, what's the state of our Army?" Watevra ordered worryingly.

"Every military wing in the entire Galaxy is on the front lines, your Highness. No breaks, no resting, but the enemy's attack's are relentless and unending. The Axis keep advancing, rotating in new soldiers every other day, instead of us." Ice cream cone shared his recent report.

"Why is that?"

"Transportation issues, Equipment shortages, and many other difficulties. We just need more spaceships, star cruisers, and other armored vehicles."

"So where are the Cruisers and ships?" The shape shifting Queen kindly demanded.

"On our latest assembly lines." The cone finally ended, causing another one of Batman's supporters to talk.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the old Universe is falling into the pages of history as we speak. What does Führer Hitler propose to us? Building a new Universe around the Galaxies of the Axis. We could be a part of it, the future! Going from the vanquished, to partners!" The Politician exclaimed to receive support.