30: Safe Combination

Start from the beginning

There was a knock at the door that stopped them all dead in their tracks. 

"Get in the closet!" Han-gyeol hissed, pushing Taiya behind the sliding door as the other members tried to hide his bag in with all of theirs. 

Tae-hwan eventually answered the door. Taiya grumbled something under his breath as he contorted himself in the dark, stuffy space. 

"Hello?" He greeted, then he made a noise of surprise. "Mori?!". 

Taiya immediately opened the door, emerging into the room right as Mori and ILY's manager entered, closing the door right behind him. 

"Hey kid." Mori greeted with a smile, "We brought lunch.". 

The band cheered and thanked the managers before setting the food out on the ground. "How're you doing?" Mori asked, approaching Taiya, observing the boy. 

It hadn't even been 24 hours since they last saw each other, but he was still worried. Mori had agonized nearly all night, wondering if Taiya would regret what he did in the morning. It was a habit of his to do insane things and wake up regretting them and trying to fix it all at once. 

This time though, he seemed perfectly content with his most batshit crazy actions yet. 

"Any news from Japan besides wanted posters?" Taiya asked. Mori shook his head. 

"I haven't seen or heard anything else. We should be safe for now." He explained. Taiya nodded with a small smile. "Don't worry about anything, okay? I'll handle it.". 

"I don't think I can ask you to do anything else for me after that." The boy laughed. Mori smiled. 

"You know, you have a point. In all my years as a bodyguard and as a manager, I've never had someone tell me 'could you just sneak into the League of Villain's headquarters with me to free my kidnapped friend and by the way you're going to have to hold one of the world's most dangerous people at gunpoint the whole time?'. That is a first." The man laughed. 

The rest of the room abruptly went silent at Mori's words, their eyes widening. Was that really what had happened? 

"Hey, I gave you the choice to back out." Taiya grinned, "You were the one that had the guns stored under the seats in your car.". 

"Those were for emergencies." 

"And that wasn't an emergency?".

"All I'm saying is," Mori continued, "I wouldn't have risked getting killed that easily for anyone else.".

Taiya felt his chest warm at that. Mori was really the strongest person in his life. Nothing Taiya did ever seemed to phase him, even when he tried to push Mori away he was gentle and firm and stayed. 

"I'll have the company up your salary. If I'm still employed after this." The boy promised. "Actually, I'll pay you myself. When I can access my bank account again.". 

Mori laughed. "I know that's your thing, but this isn't about money kid. Lets go eat.". 

"I'm not really hungry-" "Sit your ass on the ground and eat the food.". 

Taiya sighed, seeing there was no way of getting out of this one. "Fine." He said, and did just that. 

-------------- ---------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ---------- --------------- 

Aizawa stepped out of the taxi after he finished paying and sighed. He adjusted his hair, feeling completely out of place in the neighborhood he had entered. 

The houses were far too big. Far too spaced out. 

Most celebrities in Japan chose to live in luxury penthouses in Tokyo. They had terraces and views that were to die for. Things normal people could never achieve. Those homes were the traditional status symbol. Still, a select few celebrities chose to have luxury homes instead, preferring to have more of their own space or to live a slower paced lifestyle.