12: Its All About Your Look

Taiya and Mori sat opposite each other at the breakfast table, Taiya sipping his coffee and Mori enjoying his miso soup, that had originally been made for both of them (but you can guess how that turned out). 

"So...this villain attack." Mori began hesitantly. "Are you doing okay? Azuma wants you to call him and check in. He's not against you dropping out of U.A now and returning to online school.". 

The offer was tempting. Taiya had to be honest with himself, it was extremely temping. 

But he was too prideful to give up so easily. "I'm fine.". 

Mori raised an eyebrow. "Are you really fine though? As your manager its my job to make sure you're comfortable with everything you're doing. I know you had to actually fight villains, that would be pretty scary. Especially for someone who doesn't actually want to be a hero student." He continued. 

Taiya sighed. "I'm fine. God you take your job too seriously." He laughed. 

"Sometimes I think I don't take it seriously enough." The man said dejectedly. "Do you want any food in your coffee or..." He trailed off. 

"Like I said," Taiya drawled, "I'm fine.". 

He wasn't going to give up now. Fuck no. He had tried too hard and put too much effort into going undercover at U.A. If he gave up now then....it would all be for nothing. He would be proving everyone's thoughts of him right. That he was just some spoiled brat who would take and drop jobs as he pleased. 

Point was, other actors would have kept going, so it didn't matter how he felt, he had to match them. 

He had to be better then them. 

"By the way, he did get back to me about the contact problem.". Taiya actually perked up at that.  "Azuma knows a prop guy who's quirk makes 'little disguise' in his words. He said he'd make you some unobtrusive bit of jewelry that you can wear to disguise your eyes instead of the contacts.". 

"Finally." He said with a relieved sigh. "I was worried I'd go blind back there.". Mori chuckled. 

"Don't worry, I'll do my job and protect your eyesight.". He paused for a second. "Does you mom know that you're going to U.A yet?". Mori sounded nervous. To be fair, if she did know and she saw the news the day after the USJ incident, it would be Mori who was shouted at first. He had every right to be nervous. 

"She thinks I'm training for a different type of movie." He said vaguely. "I've just been making sure she sees me in the news every once in a while. Keep her occupied with rumors of me sleeping with someone twice my age. Stuff like that.". 

Mori gave him a 'look'. 

"Its not like I actually did it!" Taiya protested. "Don't look at me like you're disappointed, I haven't even done anything.".

-------------- --------------- ----------------- -------------- --------------- --------------- 

Mr. Aizawa was covered head to toe in bandages, but somehow stuff audible when he arrived in class after his short break. 

"The sports festival is going ahead as planned." He announced, "In two weeks you will complete for the attention of Japan's top heroes, as offers for internships will be placed after the festival. Show off your special skills so you'll get noticed, please. I don't want to have to work to place those of you that no one wants.". 

"Ice cold, Mr. Aizawa. Ice cold." Kirishima quipped. 

"Suddenly I'm nervous I wont get any offers." Kaminari added. "What if they see my..." 

"You're 'yay' thing?" Jiro finished for him, laughing. The boy nodded, genuinely concerned. 

"You'll do fine, Kaminari." Taiya assured him with a smile. Bakugou 'tched' at the back of the class.