12- Wound, The Battle For Trost Part Eight

Mikasa manages to dodge out of the way as she lands on the roof a little further away from where she was originally standing. Eren goes to punch her again but she jumps upwards, landing on the roof behind Eren before she attaches her rope to Eren's shoulder and she grabs a hold of his hair, holding onto him.

"Eren, don't you know who I am?" Mikasa asks as she looks at Eren's eyes, "it's me, Mikasa. Your family! You must use that boulder to seal that hole!".

"Evelyn, we need to go get rid of these titans" Levi says as he and Evelyn look at the flood of titans that head their way, "none of the soldiers on the sides will move until Eren starts moving and from the looks of it, that will take a while".

"But Mikasa might get hurt" Evelyn says as she looks back at Mikasa who looks directly at Eren, not even acknowledging her existence.

"Captain Evelyn, I'll make sure the girl doesn't get hurt, just go. Humanity needs the two of you desperately right now" Petra says as she looks at Evelyn.

Evelyn nods as she and Levi swing into battle.

"Captain Levi and Captain Evelyn are making a move, we need to hurry this up Trainee Ackermann!" one of the Captain's of the survey corps from a different squad yells.

"Evelyn?" Mikasa asks as she looks at the man, only to see Eren's fist coming for her.

She jumps out of the way as Eren punches himself in the face, making him fall to the ground.

"What the?" the Captain asks as he looks at Eren who leans against the boulder, his face and two fists steaming as they heal.

"Captain, did you just say Evelyn? By that name do you mean Jaeger. Evelyn Jaeger?" Mikasa asks as she looks at him.

"Yes. Captain Evelyn woke up from her coma yesterday and started fighting the titans that were coming through from Wall Maria" the Captain says as he looks at Mikasa.

Evelyn's alive? After these past five years of mourning her and wishing she were here, she's alive? I can't believe this. I have to get Eren back up and fighting. He needs to be reunited with his sister.

Mikasa says as she looks at Eren.

"The titans are surrounding us from all angles" the female captain says from behind Mikasa, "there's no way Levi and Evelyn can take them all out on their own. We have to leave Eren and retreat".

Mikasa turns around and glares at the woman.

"Captain Ian, what should we do?" one of the soldiers asks as he looks at the captain, "this wasn't your fault. The plan was always a long shot. Everyone knew that. It was worth trying and we took our best shot. Come on! Our squads will climb the walls. Evelyn and Levi can hold off, they're strong enough".

The man walks off as Mikasa tries to go after him but Captain Ian puts his arm out.

"Wait" Captain Ian says as Mikasa looks at him, "wait. Calm down, Ackermann. Riko, your squad will be able to hold of the 12 metre titan. Mitabi's squad and I will take the two in the front".

"What?" Riko asks in shock.

"I'm the only one left in charge of orders" Ian says, "shut up and follow your orders. We can't leave Jaeger defenceless. I'm changing the plan. We protect Jaeger from the titans until we can retrieve him. Evelyn and Levi have already taken charge and have gone after the titans in the distance, we've just got to watch the surroundings. Jaeger is still valuable as one of humanity's last hopes. We cannot just abandon him like this. We can be replaced, but he can't be".

"The failure of that dysfunctional human weapon has already cost several hundred lives" Riko argues, "you're saying we should bring him back so this can happen again?".