Chapter 04

Matt's POV
Turns out Rose, Emmett, and Edward were Alice and Jasper's foster siblings with Rose being Jasper's twin.

The Cullen siblings helped get to my classes throughout the day and sat with me at lunch, causing a lot of stares from other students. With Bella glaring at me and eye balling Edward, who was uncomfortable with her eyes.

I glared back at her out of instinct to protect him. I assumed my protectiveness was from making a new friend.

Edward walked me to my last class since they were in the same hallway and talked to me one on one. He apparently had a girlfriend in Ireland named Maggie and they planned to meet up after high school which I thought was sweet.

He dropped me off and I walked in only to spot the most stunning woman I've ever seen.

She has caramel-colored hair that frames her face in vintage curls and a heart-shaped face with dimples, with a figure that's slender, but rounded and soft. Her eyes are gold and her skin is a smooth and clear marble like the rest of the Cullens. She's wearing a dark silky purple button up dress shirt with a black pencil skirt and black heels with a ring on her right finger of a family crest.

I then take notice of the weddings band and engagement ring on her left finger and become disheartened, before brushing it off

I refocus on her face as she takes notice of me and her plump lips pull upwards into a smile. She approached me with excitement in her eyes and absolute joy and love radiating from her form.

"Hi, I'm Esme Cullen, the substitute home economics teacher. You must be Matthew Swan?" She asked in a soft, warm voice nearly making me melt then and there "Um, uh, yeah I'm Matt-Matthew Swan, but you can call me Matt-or Mattie! Whichever you prefer" she smiled and let out a laugh that kinda reminded me of falling snow "Well, then Mattie, why don't you take a seat next to Jessica" I dumbly nodded before walking over and sitting next to the flirtatious brunette.

I promptly ignored her and focused all my attention on Mrs. Cullen. I couldn't explain it, but I felt drawn to her. My face flushed at the end of class as I came to the realization that I was developing a crush on my married teacher.

I bolted out of the room when the bell rang and hightailed it out of there. I got into my car and drove home. I called Charlie and apologized before saying that I didn't feel well and was just going to go home. Charlie understood and said he would get me some soup at the diner to take home for later.

When I got home I instantly went to the shower and turned on the hot water. I stepped in and winced as the water stung me. It was hot enough to burn, but not enough to cause injury.

'What is wrong with me? I can't develop feelings for an older, married woman with kids who go to my school! It's wrong! It's disgusting! It doesn't matter how pretty, or smart, or sweet she is.....stop it! This ends right now Matthew!'

I decided to fake a virus for the next week to hopefully stifle my feelings for the beautiful and lovely Esme, but after a week I went back to school.

And when I made my way to Mrs. Cullen's class once more I saw her sad face and cringed. I slumped to my seat and tried to ignore her glances at me.

Until it was time to leave and she said "Mr. Swan? Please stay back a moment" I withheld my groan and stood awkwardly by the door with my gaze at my feet.