"I am thankful but I just don't like playing much is all. Don't take it rude but I like to be left alone." Her voice was a breathy whisper but her firm expression made it clear that she was not to be intimidated into being a doormat just for the temporary amusement of some childish troublemakers.

"From what I can see aren't you one of the youngest among us all? And my mom said we should listen to people older than us. Daniel is your elder so you should respect him you know?" Lilly urged with a sweet charm but there was a lingering distaste in the undertone that did not go unnoticed by little Eunha.

"Yes we should respect elders but it should be only fair if they respect us." She had now stood up from the log she was sitting on, clutching her book to her chest with a firm posture indicating she was not scared of the petty threats.

Something mischievous sparkled up all the faces of the kids surrounding her, making Eunha take a step back in caution.

"Hmm since you do not want to play with us that's okay..." Lilly said drawing out in thought, "But that does not mean we cannot play with you."

An evil smile had taken over the young girl's pretty features as she motioned for her friends to block the cornered girl's escape route.

"Daniel let's do the honors." Lilly clapped in glee as she and Daniel took closer steps to the younger girl whose heart was now beating out of its cavity. One boy from the group leapt forward and snatched Eunha's precious book from her hand tearing it a little in the process while two girls slightly taller than Eunha went to grab either of her hands.

"No! My book please give me back my book!" She shouted hyperventilating a little. If there was anything that could falter the firm resolve of a confident but shy girl like Eunha, it was doing damage to her most prized possessions which happened to be her books. Even a little scratch or tear to any of her books brought pain to the little girl who felt it down to her soul.

The book that the boy had snatched and was now gleefully ruining, was one of her favorite tales of magic adventures "There and Back Again". It had been Eunha's most trusted companions in the most lonely times of her young years and seeing it being so mercilessly ripped brought immediate tears to her eyes.

"Please please don't do this to my book. Give it back!" The young girl wriggled shouting as loud as she could manage. It confused her that no one had come yet even though the supervisors had been right in her sight. Suddenly it came to Eunha that she had deliberately chosen a spot that would best conceal her from the prying eyes and ears.

It was one of the moments where Eunha cursed her reserved nature for ultimately landing her in such a trouble.

"Hey! Let her go you weak bullies." A courageous young voice interrupted their altercation making the lot of them stop. Eunha paid no mind to the voice being focused more so on the corpse of her valued possession.

A mix of youth, charm and innocence shone on the features of the young boy who strode confidently into the mix. He was the tallest of all the young kids present and his yellow bomber jacket made him stand out like a firefly in the dark.

Lilly, Daniel and their crew stopped with scowls landing their attention from Eunha to the new intruder who had interrupted their harmless fun.

"It's not your business to meddle with when we are only having fun with our friend." Daniel retorted with disdain ready to pounce on the boy, who despite being petite, was visibly taller than him and could easily win  him over in arm wrestle.

"Oh? And neither your business to meddle with your friend when she does not want to have fun." The hiss on the last words made it clear to the kids that the boy had witnessed their mischief and was not going to let their lies sway him.