Healing

Note: I apologize again for how spaced-out updates are. I honestly should write a bunch and post one at a time, but I like to dump thousands of words and then space it out- there's 7 weeks between each break for school, so I try desperately to update during these breaks... Also, I know I typically lean towards a focus on Dazai, so this chapter is a bit different, seeing more in that 3rd-person focus around Chuuya, enjoy!

Sitting with the drapes slightly peeled open, Chuuya's legs laid outstretched, his finger gripping at the tips of his shoes bent over stretching as he typically found himself doing when bored. He sat back, tilting his head towards his ceiling with a sigh. "I just don't know what to do, Shirace." The phone next to him, plugged into an outlet while open to a call, had a group of three listening in. "He's still closed off, It's been... what a month or more? And he's just as fucking frustrating as ever. I don't get his deal and he won't really tell me what the hell's going on." His hands came up, taking down the clips that held his bangs from his forehead.

He turned his eyes from the ceiling to the phone as silence followed his complaints. "Take him out, idiot. He's clearly unsure himself of what to do when it comes to you. Plus, we all know how he is by now. He doesn't feel like burdening others and he's just trying to keep himself from something." Yuan's voice filtered through the air as Chuuya tossed himself to stand, leaning over to grab his phone from the floor. The ginger never was good with conversations about feelings and such. He's got his own issues to deal with, it's not as severe as his partners, or whatever they are now. God that confuses him so much. He doesn't get close to very many people, given a certain fear of being left behind, or put to the side and seen as being less important. He's got severe issues with his temper too. Dazai really tests those limits sometimes, but he can never really stay mad. It always ends up with this weird caring feeling he both hates but loves at once.

Chuuya's lips parted in a sigh as he rummaged through his closet for something comfortable but fashionable. "Do you think I haven't tried that? He's an annoying mackerel slimy and slippery like a fish too. One second I think I've caught him, and the next he's slipped away again. For every moment of progress I make with him, we end up slipping right back. There's nothing new yet... Gah! It's frustrating! The semester's gonna be over and... what if we lose him? He doesn't seem like he has plans to stay. Have you seen the grades? Hardly passing, I swear he's only going to classes 'cause he knows I'll have his ass handed to him if he skips and fails out this quarter." Chuuya sets the phone down on the stand beside his bed, before his hands tangle in his hair, pulling with slight frustration. If this was the first two months of the year, he'd be glad for it, wouldn't care, but it's that mackerel's fault he's come to enjoy seeing the rare moment where his laughter is genuine. He's seen him go through so much in less than a year... it's brought them closer, the only people who can truly understand each other.

"When was the last time you two went out to a fair or some sort of festival? You could both use the relaxation, plus maybe being around music and that sorta atmosphere will get you both to lighten up. You differently need it... you know, you've gotta relax a little. If you keep stressing about the upcoming end-of-the-year crap, you'll go nuts like you do every year. It would be a nightmare if you strained something and the best dancer had to sit out a comp." Shirase didn't seem too interested in the current conversation, but he's always there for his buds when he needs to be. That's something Chuuya's always appreciated about the kid. Chuuya can get a good sarcastic laugh in with the words the other speaks on his side of the line.

Slipping on his shoes, he glances at the clock, another sigh parting his lips. "Oh come on... that's a little cliche, don't ya think? That's what started this, ya know, going to that fair and dancing together... that's when shit started to really fester..."

Chuuya could almost hear the smirk on his friends' lips with the next words that came from his phone. "Exactly the reason why you should go! Come on Chuuya, think about it for a moment? It'll show that you aren't lying and you're serious about wanting to help him. We all know you like him and he does too, but he's blocking that crap out, and not gonna lie here man, it's getting on everybody's nerves. Just patch things up already. Things being awkward with ya is getting old." Chuuya rolled his eyes as he glanced in his mirror, flattening out any folds or wrinkles in his outfit.