He was silent for several, thoughtful moments before he answered. "My mom would be crazy mad if I did. I don't like her when she's mad," he shrugged.

"Wow, who knew that your weakness was your own mother?" I started laughing and he shook his head, slightly embarrassed.

"She's scary, okay?! When she gets mad I know I'm dead," he began to laugh as well.

Before we knew it, we were at the market. Henshin-kun said that Maki-san was going to meet us at a Korean barbecue restaurant that was nearby. As much as I was scared of how Henshin-kun described Maki-san, the thought of delicious Korean barbecue made my mouth water.

We took a seat in the restaurant. Maki-san wasn't here yet. I sat next to Henshin-kun on one side of the table and there was an open seat for Maki-san on the other. A hostess came by and asked us if we wanted anything to drink. I said I wanted water and Henshin-kun said he would have a Shirley Temple.

I tapped my foot aggressively as we waited for Maki-san. Henshin-kun noticed. "Hey, you don't have to be that scared. If you've never done anything wrong to Maki-san she won't be that mad at you," he comforted nonchalantly.

"I'm not scared," I lied. For some reason, I seemed to have the power to attract scary people. First Tenko, then All for One, and most recently Himiko-chan. But, at the same time he was right. Maki-san had nothing to be mad at me about. I was perfectly safe. All I had to do was sit here and be a wingman for Henshin-kun, making sure he doesn't get in trouble or anything.

"Anyway, when is Maki-san gonna get here? Father Chris is gone right now and I'm a bit nervous about Tenko being home alone all day—...," I trailed off as I noticed the whole restaurant had gone silent. Everybody was looking behind me, towards the entrance of the restaurant. I exchanged a glance with Henshin-kun and we slowly swiveled ourselves around in our chairs.

There stood presumably Maki-san. She was huge. Her wide, tall frame filled the entire door, blocking most of the light from coming through. Her shadow stretched over the tile of the restaurant, covering guests in darkness. She had brown hair, middle parted and braided in two, tied with dainty pink bows. It framed her square jawline and hardly complimented her burly eyebrows and facial features. She was wearing a pink crop top and a blue mini shirt which didn't fit her strong complexion. She was pure muscle.

"Why didn't you give me a proper warning?" I shuddered as I struggled to take my eyes off of Maki-san's huge figure.

"I did warn you!" he whispered back. "I said she was huge!" I didn't understand how a third year middle school student could be that big. It had to be her quirk in effect.

Maki-san slowly stomped over to us. With every step the tension grew higher. Eventually, she made it to our seats, sitting down in her chair with a thud, causing the table to shake. People in the restaurant began to turn back around, continuing on with their previous conversations.

Throughout all this, Henshin-kun seemed completely calm, where I was obviously sweating like crazy.

"Hey! Aoi-chan!" Henshin-kun smiled, leaning towards her. "You're looking as pleasant as ever today!" Henshin-kun's greeting was met with a cold stare by Maki-san. He then sighed and leaned back away in his chair. My eyes darted between Maki-san and Henshin-kun.

"Nezumi," Maki-san's unbelievably deep voice said curtly. They were close enough to address each other on a first name basis, which I found odd since the air was so tense between the three of us. "You know why I brought you here."

Henshin-kun cleared his throat and at that moment I noticed the underlying fear in his eyes. "Perhaps I do," he began as he chose his wording carefully. "Would you care to remind me?"

"You got me expelled from school!" Maki-san boomed, standing up and slamming her fists on the table. Several people glanced at us with wide eyes. I gulped as Henshin-kun and I jumped in our seats. "You ruined my life!"

Henshin-kun's rat teeth chattered slightly before he composed himself and rambled on. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It was just, Ushiromuki-san and I got caught and—..."

"Ushiromuki-san?" She cut him off. "Is Ushiromuki-san the girl right here?" she asked, nodding in my direction. I felt shaky as the attention was turned towards me.

"Yes...," Henshin-kun trailed off glancing at Maki-san to me. "Why?"

Maki-san turned to look at me and stared at me for several moments. Her dark eyes pierced into my skull. I swore lasers were coming out of them. A drop of sweat rolled down my face. I decided to speak to break the tension.

"H-Hello—..."

"She's so adorable!" Maki-san squealed, her voice moving up two octaves.

Henshin-kun blinked. "Her? She's adorable?" he asked in disbelief. I elbowed him with an offended glare. "Ow..."

"Her hair color is so pretty and it's so long and her eyes are so droopy and cute!" Maki-san continued on, a wide, bashful smile appearing on her face. "Your makeup is so nice! What shade of lip gloss do you use?"

For several moments I sat there wide eyed before Henshin-kun caught my attention and motioned for me to speak. I guess I had been taken by surprise by Maki-san's sudden switch up. I hadn't expected her to be this... nice. "Uh-Uhm, cherry-lavender."

"Cherry-lavender! Is that the 'Glossy' brand?" Maki-san asked as she looked at me expectantly. I nodded with a smile, beginning to grow more comfortable with this cheery side of Maki-san.

We chatted for a while until we had ordered, received our food, and were grilling different types of meats on the stove that was on our table.

"I didn't expect you and Aoi-chan to hit it off so well," Henshin-kun chuckled.

Maki-san chewed on a piece of meat thoughtfully and then swallowed, speaking up. "I almost forgot why I came here in the first place," she began, her face now stone-hard and angry like it was earlier. "I'm still mad at you, Nezumi."

"You still remember that? I was hoping you had forgotten once all the food came," he laughed nervously.

"I do. And I want payback," Maki-san growled, stabbing a piece of pork bulgogi with her chopstick, shoving it into her mouth. I gave an amused smile as I looked at Henshin-kun's frightened face. "You're cleaning my apartment for a month, you hear me? I want it sparkling clean!" she shouted, her mouth full of food. "Your punishment would have been a lot worse if Ushiromuk-san hadn't been here to cheer me up."

Henshin-kun nodded vigorously and I laughed. "You got it! Don't worry!"

For some reason, I felt like I finally had a couple of friends I could be close to. Even if one of them was a little frightening and the other had a bad smoking habit.

Tomura Shigaraki Rewritten (Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें