one; the power couple of juvie

chapter one; the power couple of juvie

━━━━━  Noa Olivar enjoyed being in juvie

━━━━━ Noa Olivar enjoyed being in juvie. Saying those words aloud would make her look insane, but it was the truth. Juvie wasn't so bad because the guards were lenient with them. They gave them a lot of free time, which Noa assumed was because they felt sorry for them.

She also enjoyed being in juvie because of the admirers she'd gained. Noa didn't know why the girls in juvie liked to follow her around, but her popularity wasn't surprising. She'd been one of the most popular girls in grade 9 last year. She'd become close friends with Jimmy Brooks, Spinner Mason, Ashley Kerwin, and Terri MacGregor, but Paige Michalchuk was her best friend above all.

Paige...oh, how Noa missed her. She thought she'd spend high school alone until Paige had approached her, looking for her own friends. Paige had complimented her style, and Noa couldn't deny that she was stylish as well. They'd talked about clothes, forming a bond based on their shared interest in fashion. When they needed a new wardrobe, they'd go shopping together. They went everywhere together. They were as thick as thieves, but that changed after Noa's arrest.

She hoped Paige was doing well without her. Maybe she was; maybe she'd already replaced Noa. Paige wasn't the type to wait on anyone. If so, Noa had no interest in going back to Degrassi. Besides, going back would keep her away from Sean Cameron.

Sean wasn't someone she was used to talking to. She and her friends ignored him, which suited him fine, since he didn't want to be bothered. He seemed brooding and mysterious, so Noa wasn't surprised when he entered juvie a month after she had. What surprised her was when he asked to sit next to her during their lessons one day. She allowed him to sit, leading to their daily habit of working together. They'd gone from strangers to best friends in a matter of months. The teens in juvie expected her and Sean to always be together. They were even called the "power couple of juvie."

Noa didn't mind the title because she knew it was a joke, but it made her wonder if Sean liked her. She had caught him staring at her when he thought she wasn't looking...